Me and my better half went to the range this afternoon.

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by Last Crow, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Last Crow

Last Crow New Member

She shot 40 rounds off the bench. I shot 20 rounds each prong, setting and off hand. I was hoping bracing my arm on a sidearm would help, but it didn’t. We were shooting .22 LR out of my AR so the cost was just a little over $4.00.

Attached Files:

• one.jpg
      one.jpg
      File size:
      58.6 KB
      Views:
    • two.jpg
      two.jpg
      File size:
      64.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

A good way to spend your saturday.

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

excellent way to spend the day if i do say so. Guns and the little ladie, a little lady who shoots guns, one heck of a good time anytime.

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Looks like alot of fun!! :)

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Always good to spend some time with wife. great stuff!

6. Wornouttrails

Wornouttrails New Member

Cost effecitive!

The new 22 Colt AR Rifles are the way to save big bucks on ammo for sure! W.T. :cool:

7. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

Hot Damn! Two more lefty AR shooters.

Looks like yall had fun.

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Good stuff Crow! :cool:

9. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Lefties Unite !

Any time on the range with the wife is a good day. Congrats.

10. Last Crow

Last Crow New Member

Thanks guys.
    I am shooting an AR with a .22 adaptor. I have a lot of problems with misfires and jams. If I had the money I would get a .22 upper.
    I am right handed, but have always used my left eye. When I was a kid shooting BB guns and .22’s I shot right handed and bent my head over the stock. When I went in the Army and started shooting the M14 I changed to left handed.

11. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

I'm the same-Right handed/Left eye dominant.

12. Wornouttrails

Wornouttrails New Member

Problems with the 22 AR?

You said you were have some jamming problems? Ammo, Magazine or the rifle? Thanks, W.T.:confused:

13. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

I noticed you have your side arm holstered. At my local range we have to keep all our weapons unloaded and set on the table, unless we are firing them. (I imagine it's for the game wardens safety)

14. Last Crow

Last Crow New Member

The problem with misfires and jamming is because of the 22LR adaptor. The ammo shots great in a 22 pistol. I’ve read that carbon build up on the adaptor tube causes the misfires, and dirty ejectors causes the jams. When the 22 LR adaptor was new there was not many problems.
    After I read this I let the adaptor in Hoppe’s 9 for a few days. The next time I used it I only had 3 misfires and jams out of 60 rounds. I thought I cleaned it good enough after that use.
    We put 121 rounds into the rifle last Saturday but only 100 of them fired. The 22 LR adaptor in a jar of Hoppe’s now.
    The rifle is a Bushmaster XM15. As long as I take the bolt apart and clean it after each use and use brass case ammo I don’t have any jams. The rifle will jam with the steel case ammo.

15. Last Crow

Last Crow New Member

Yes they have the same rules:
    5. LOAD ONLY WHEN READY TO SHOOT.
    6. WHEN NOT SHOOTING, ALL WEAPONS MUST BE EMPTY AND ACTION OPEN.
    Interesting. I have the right to carry that pistol almost any where in PA as long as it remains holstered.

16. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

They have the same rules at my range. The range master flipped out when my pastor pulled out his Glock 26 (CCW) and pumped 10 rounds into the target, reloaded, chambered, and holstered his weapon. it was Hil-Freaking-arious.