Md 12 Rem. Scope mount

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by 2gun, Feb 9, 2009.

1. 2gun

2gun New Member

Is there such a thing as a scope mount that would clamp on a 22 w/out a rail built in? This is an old one but of no colection value.

2. rugermike

rugermike New Member

22 rifle help?

If you want a scope mount on your rifle, you can take it to a local gunsmith and have the rim-fire rail mounts cut into the receiver or have it drilled and tapped for a standard base mount. Stay away from any clamp on version as they will not hold zero, PERIOD! If you need help e-mail me at mikem@tls.net and I will try to help?

3. 30-30remchester

30-30remchester New Member

if you have a remington model 12 you have one of the finest 22 rifles ever built. no potmetal casting or recycled milkjugs as so many new ones are constructed of.it is always a crime to alter an original firearm it totally destroys collects value and yes unless yours has been completely abused they do have cosiderable collector appeal. you will notice i said abused as it is darn near impossible to wear out a model 12 even with many generations of use.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I will agree with both Ruger mike and 30-30remchester. They speek the truth.

Go over to the remington forum on Rimfire central.com and they can set you straight.