McDonald's must pay obese employee

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by jabbo, Oct 29, 2010.

1. jabbo

jabbo New Member

Woww!!

What will people do to get paid?

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Companies also offer health insurance breaks for overweight people who start excersizing or those who quit smoking. I don't smoke and I work out 5-6 days a week.....do I get any breaks?

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Yes, you get lower doctor bills because your *** doesn't have to go as much as us fat people.....

Now how I feel I feel that if you are in good healthy shape and you maintain that by exercise and what not like spitty you should have a lower ins rate. That is me.

I understood that by smoking I needed to pay more money because I had more health issue.

4. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I agree with this to a point. But where will insurance companies draw the line? Will any activity or behavior that puts you in a higher risk category cause an increase in cost? Can they say because you use firearms that puts you in a higher risk for injury category and charge more or will they be limited to only health related issues? Even within the health category, if my doctor says I eat to much salt, do I pay more? I worry that insurance like this could easily be manipulated by those in power to sudo force people to do what they want. Just like a soda tax, only paid to the insurance company rather than the government.

I don't have a great answer to this.

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Me too, most always have.....didn't stop me from getting testicular cancer. Didn't stop me from tearing my acl in half. Doctors bills? who me? No, I"m healthy.

I need to find a way to blame mcdonalds or walmart. :D

6. Theunsb

Theunsb New Member

And I thought our government was up to funny tricks, Shabir Shaik as example. Our court even funnier. A rapist was acquited because the sentencing officer told him he had a dirty dwick.:eek:
    Next all our fat politicians is going to get personal trainers from McDonalds and Kentucky Fried Chicken.:eek:

7. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

All the fat people should sue the farmers for growing food, the manufacturers for producing it, the supermarkets for selling it, the manufacturers of dinnerware and the distributors for getting all of it to market.

Maybe all the alcoholics could do the same with the liquor, wine and beer industry, God knows if this stuff didn't exist they wouldn't have a dependency problem:D

8. igordog

igordog New Member

You know that's not far off...It already happened to the tobacco industry, right? The only flaw I see in your argument, is that the farmers are probably safe, because if they ate more vegetables they'd be in better shape.
    Unless of course, they could find the farmers guilty of growing the grain which fattened up the pigs that went into the McRib sandwiches???

9. orangello

orangello New Member

The tobacco comparison is scary. Bear in mind that farmers raise pork too; they could sue the hog farmers and their feed suppliers and maybe the FFA for not instituting the "slimmer hog model". ;)

Perhaps Nike & Fruit of the Loom?
    ;)