McDonalds beating...would you respond?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by CHLChris, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I was watching Sean Hannity tonight, who was discussing a video of a beating at a McDonalds. The "woman" happened to be transgender and 2 girls attacked her, which was recorded on video and hit YouTube. This video is just one I grabbed:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMrLXl6VwBU"]McDonalds beating[/ame]

I have already decided that I would intervene if I witnessed something like this. I would be willing to use deadly force to protect the "woman" or myself as I intervened.

A few questions, though:

1) What phrase would one yell? "Stop this attack!" I certainly wouldn't yell "I have a gun!" unless I have already drawn. And if I have drawn, I better darn well know my surroundings and make sure I am not attacked from behind by a friend or sympathizer of the attackers.

2) What if the attackers did not respond to my commands? How does one go about using a firearm to stop such a threat? I have no hand-to-hand training and I wouldn't get INTO the fight, if possible.

3) What would you do?

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have no clue what would/should be done. That is why I would not carry even if I could. I'm just not 'there' yet mentally.

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Yes, I would have intervened. This type of behavior is tribal!!

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

oh i woulda been helping the victim. he/she at a minimum wouldnt have been going to the hospital alone...

5. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I would have stepped in. Not with a firearm though. That would not be justified.

6. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

No, I would have left the restaurant, and kept my mouth shut.

7. winds-of-change

Seriously?

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Those little sh!ts would have met my boot to.the chest followed by a trip through the drywall.

9. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Yes...I would intervene by punching both of those skanks square in the face and any other that came to their aid. Most people cannot properly throw or block a punch and flail wildly, I can and have boxed and would kick the living shizz out of those animals regardless of their gender, they forfeited any regard of chivalry by their actions.

10. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

You may be a good samaritan, but if you draw your firearm and you're not a LEO, then there *may* be legal repercussions. Unless they came after you, intervening may put you in some jeopardy. My instructor was pretty adamant about not "playing cop". May be very different in your state..

11. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

In a situation like this I would NOT want to escalate but something had to be done and I'm not a physical guy. I can yell and--as a teacher--I'm much more authoritative than my physique would let on. A kick to the head is deadly force on the part of the attackers against this victim and a good samaritan would have the right to use deadly force to end the incident. At least in my state.

The liberal media would roast me, but if I dotted my i's and crossed my t's, I think I would be safe from prosecution. Som states even hold the good samaritan immune from repercussions legally if acting in good faith.

I would announce myself first, though. What to yell? Where to stand?

12. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

WOC, we all have to make those choices. And I'm glad I can tell in your tone that you are unapologetic about your readiness vis a vis carrying. I can tell you know justice, though, so you really should consider it more strongly.

And perhaps an SP101 to match your GP100? Maybe a 1-7/8" barrel in a holster is in your future?

13. freefall

freefall New Member

I have not seen the vid because I have download issues. Therefor it's not easy to say what I would do. In the past I have intervened in situations like this. Sometimes I have regretted it. If life was easy, no one would ever die.

14. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

there black... tribal is what they do, I was actually talking to my brother in law he pointed out that most people have actaully gotten to a tribe mentality, gangs and what not but some people have taken so far that they have gotten 40% less brain activity when there angry I know it doesen't seem like that much but humans only use about 60% of there brain on average.

Me personally I would have blind sided them, I'm not a small guy by any means. I think fights are great to solve some problems, but they should at least be fare.

no offense, but a lot of younger african american males and females have this type of mental attitude.

15. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I have a bit of a history of sticking my nose in. I would most likely put myself in between the "woman" and the attackers and wait for the police. Nothing drawn unless they decide to get really stupid with me.

16. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Ummm... would you like to insult Jews and Italians as well.

17. Jared

Jared New Member

I would step in and if I needed to would draw. In my state it is legal to use lethal force to protect another person.

18. winds-of-change

Thank you for your vote of confidence. In all reality, I live in Illinois and I can't CC anyway. That decision has been made for me by my government. :(
    I'm not sure I'm ready to kill another human being and if I think I'll hesitate then I think I'm not ready to carry yet.

19. Jared

Jared New Member

I do not think he meant it as an insult. Its a sad fact, but still a fact, that younger minorities do commit more crimes then whites. I am not racist at all but how many videos do you see of two white girls beating a black girl?

Table 43 - Crime in the United States 2009
    in 2009 there were 10,690,561 arrests made 3,027,153 or 28% of those arrests are classified as black. According to the 2010 census 12.3% of the population is classified as blacks.

Once again I am not racist and not trying to insult African Americans but the facts are clear.

20. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

The thin line, you crossed it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.