MC Operator

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by AznZOhAn, Jul 16, 2011.

1. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

The MC Operator is one those pistols that makes appreciate a good 1911. It broke in by 400 rounds or less, and it shoots great. It's very smooth action, crisp trigger, a little heavy, nicely equipt from the factory, and accurate. It would be my first suggestion for a 1911.

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Pics man, the thread is worthless without them.

3. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

That's my baby

Attached Files:

4. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

Is this a good enough pic.

5. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

I prev had one. Great gun. The rail also tames a little of the recoil..

6. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Them Springer Operators are fine shooters, even with the rail, but I won't hold that against it. :cool:

7. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

Here is the one I used to have - I had added a magwell...

I sold it 2+ years ago to pay for 1/2 of an Ed Brown, though. I do miss it...

[​IMG]

8. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

I take it that it wasn't worth the trade?

9. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

I assume you are referring to my comments?

An Ed Brown is a $2200. So, the MC Operator s worth about 1/2 of that. I needed the cash to pay off the Brown, so the Operator had to be sold.

I have a custom shop Springfield full rail operator in 9mm, though. So, I'm still fixed for operators :)

But for the $, the MC is a great gun.

10. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

How much was custom shop gun. I've always wanted a trp operator with a full rail, rite now I have a 1911 A1 loaded and mc operator. I like them both a lot, but I wanna get some work done to the A1, is it possible add a full to a pistol?

11. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

It was $3k. Actually, MSRP was like $3200, but the guy I ordered from sold it at a discount. He always goes a little below MSRP - usually by around $200. It was $2990 + my local $25 FFL fee for the transfer, actually.

The base price for one in 45 with a bushing barrel was $2600 back in 2008.

Here is a pic. It's damn heavy with the full rail and the thick 9mm bull barrel.

I got hooked on the grips from the MC Operator, though. The Custom Shop 1911 has checkering, but I still like the pachmeyer grips :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

oh my...can I touch it?

13. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

I'm jealous

14. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

Trp operator with a full rail is the most beautiful pistol in my opinion. I've only put my hands on once, and it was gone a week later. I have Colt Conceal Carry Officer that I was thinking about selling and putting that towards one. I've been around guns for 15 years and seen alot of shooters at ranges, gun shops, and at work, but this TRP Operator is one gun that leaves me breathless. So I got a mc operator to keep me happy for a while, I still have my Colt.

15. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Thanks for the pics. Love the colors. I cant wait till the day I can get one.