Mayors Against Illegal Firearms Petition USDOJ

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by mrreynolds, Aug 31, 2012.

1. mrreynolds

mrreynolds New Member

Tucson shooting survivors give Holder petitions calling for more gun control 500,000+ signatures LINK:

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Somebody has writers cramp.

3. Rarity

Rarity New Member

The firearm wasn't illegal. It was legal, and the man is apparently a schizo. Just another gun grab from the libs.

The question is, what can we do about it?

4. mrreynolds

mrreynolds New Member

Well if you have not done so already:

As the Chair of the Public Safety Committee of Manhattan Community Board 12, I will be holding a Public Hearing in support of a resolution for passage of NYS Senate Bill S1427 & S1863 with an emphasis on personal self-defense, education & firearm training for women.

September 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    Isabella
    515 Audubon Avenue
    New York, NY 10040
    public.safety@mancb12.org

If you live in New York State feel free to take a look at the information that I will be presenting as well as sign my on-line petition included at the link below. I hope that you will come out and support me as I support you. Fraternally.

http://cavalierknight.com/documents.html

5. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Thank you for actually supporting the Constitution, and the people's right to defend themselves. From what I have seen, there are very few people in NYC that actually believe you should be allowed to defend yourself. I hope that you succeed in your goal, and that more people follow in your footsteps.

6. mrreynolds

mrreynolds New Member

Thank you for supporting me as well. I do what I can.

7. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Does that include his own police department? Seeing as how they're responsible for all the injuries at the Empire State building shooting........

8. fmj

fmj New Member

Why you silly insolent serf! Dont you know that only gubmint goons are "qualified" and "skilled" enough to carry guns!?!?

9. Rarity

Rarity New Member

Thank you! - I am not very far from that address. Is it in the Bronx? I am currently in Staten Island for the meantime.

10. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

I had to quote this after I stopped laughing!!!:D

Quite frankly I think that Eric Holder had a little more to worry about on his plate than to be concerned with something that is already law.

Correct me if I am wrong, but everyone that buys a gun has to go through a background check, yes?

If I am wrong, then why am I filling out those silly forms?

Just saying.

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Yes, it sounds like they are demanding a law that already exists. WTF? Not only that but Loughner passed the check, didn't he?

Perhaps what they are demanding is that the background check be more thorough? I mean, all one has to do is to answer the questions a certain way and as long as they have no record it goes through, doesn't it? If a guy is addicted to drugs but answers "no" to that question, there is no drug test to go along with it. Regardless, Loughner had no felony criminal record and had no clinical psychiatric issues (despite having been told to get evaluations, they are voluntary and he did not get them). He did use drugs but was allegedly not using them when he committed his crimes, and even is he was he answered no to that question on the background check.

So, again, perhaps what they are after is more thorough checks with perhaps drug tests and psychiatric evaluations.

12. mrreynolds

mrreynolds New Member

It's in Manhattan 190th Street you can Google it as well. Thanks.

13. AcidFlashGordon

[​IMG]

Coffee through the nose and all over my monitor...... :D

14. gvw3

gvw3 New Member

I thought the police force made up the laws as they go...

That's the way it is in Chicago.

15. cswann1

cswann1 New Member

<sean connery> That's the Chicago way</sean>

[​IMG]

16. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Never trust the antis, ever. Although what they propose appears one way there is always a Trojan Horse...a subtle word change here or there, a "may" changed to a "shall", etc. The result is always more restrictions, penalties, fees, fines, etc.

17. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Don't get me wrong, I do not support any changes for the worse. I am just speculating on what they might be up to.

18. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Bloomberg claims to have the majority of mayors supporting MAIG, not true. The last total number of mayors count was 8,291 and the listing of MAIG members is about 700 (<11%) of which many are no longer in office, are not aware that their name is on the listing, but most of all the majority of the members do not participate.

19. AcidFlashGordon

I also remember reading about some of the mayors that had participated left the group after they found out what kinds of bulls**t Bloomberg was pulling.

Kind of like the claims of Jerry Falwell and his so called "Moral Majority" bulls**t.....