Mayor Bloomberg's MAIG poll

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by KJG67, Mar 29, 2013.

1. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Sorry if this was posted previously. Searched and did not see it.

From Illiniois State Rifle Association (results go to your Representatives): Mayor Bloomberg's MAIG is circulating a 'poll' among anti-gun circles to try and create more fake 'grassroots' support. There are more ISRA members than there are anti-gun group members nationwide. Show them that. (registration required)

I'm presuming all here will Oppose. :rolleyes:

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101

2. 1911love

1911love New Member

Weren't quite a few members of MAIG criminals themselves? I saw a number in America's First Freedom a couple years ago, but I can't remember the details.

3. jw2atech

jw2atech New Member

Already Voted. Thanks for posting!

This is an important poll that we are currently losing on. Let's knock this one out of the park! Take the poll & vote to OPPOSE.
    And don't forget to share it.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  4. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

You make a very good point. My guess is that a lot of the loud-mouthed anti-gunners are themselves people who have lost their right to own guns due to felony convictions, restraining orders, domestic violence issues. And they would please like the rest of us, the law abiding citizens, to be denied our rights, too.

5. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Read the comments on the "Support" side of the page and you will get a good idea of who we are up against in this fight. Here is a bio of average liberal Joe Shmuckately:

Emotional
    Believes Aurora and Newtown shooters had Automatic weapons
    Believe Automatic weapons are legal
    Believe Automatic Weapons are legal and can be "bought at Wal-Mart without a background check"
    Think the 2nd Amendment allows the right to have an army during times of war.
    Uses some weird terminology such as "Ballistic Bullet"
    And thinks anyone parading the street with a gun on in any way is just playing soldier and killing children.

That sums up the comments page.

6. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Oh and I also forgot, they tend to have poor grammar making their message difficult to understand. Hopefully this lack of proper education and grammar is not lost on our congressmen and senators.

7. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

I just couldn't let this comment go. This is who is teaching kids up in Michigan.

"I am an administrator in a public school system...In addition, there is NO common sense reason for anyone but police officers to have military assault weapons and/or bullets that pierce protective armor that police wear. And in the last 500 years when have we had to raise our guns to protect ourselves from the tyranny of our government."

:(:eek:

8. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Really? the last 500 years and no guns against any government? Apparently this guy(?) didn't study history when he was a student.

9. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

Voted to "oppose".

10. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

Take the current weapons from our soldiers in the mid east and give them all mini 14s and semi auto Bushmasters and see if anything changes.

11. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

voted to oppose

12. Slayr

Slayr New Member

Opposed the stupid pole. Only 298 others think like me.

13. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

IMO, the reason so few people have opposed is because many gun owners are nervous about registering themselves on a sight that has guns, mayor Bloomberg, and the government all in one. I know I am.

14. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Who said I owned a gun when I voted to oppose?

As they say, if you don't participate in a democracy, you have no right to complain about what's decided in your best interest by others. Will this make a big deal overall, maybe not. But leveling the playing field for this non-scientific poll at least sends the message we'll always be there watching and standing up for our rights.

15. Slayr

Slayr New Member

Given the amount of time and people both in politics and the current events (dumb} people not knowing their rights are being trampled that I personally have contacted. I am sure the snoops know by now that I am a holder of more than a sickle. They also are aware that I hold the constitution in the highest regard and will defend it with all that I have. If I should have to fall in the process of keeping America free. I can only hope that it be the shot herd from coast to coast that might bring this country back to its sanity. Rant over.

16. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

If the good guys are too intimidated to sign up for a website that might disagree with them, then it is we who are the cowards, not the liberals.

17. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

I just got done opposing about 15 anti gun bills :D

18. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Up to 21 now and supported 7 ptro gun bills.

Its work but this is the kind of activism we need to perform to preserve our republic.