maybe dumb question

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by johnfs, Jul 28, 2013.

1. johnfs

johnfs New Member

just bought 17 hmr savage 93 does anyone know if you can fire 17 win

2. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

You can only fire 17 HMR(regardless of brand). If you want to fire the new 17 Win Mag then the answer is no.
    There is no such thing as a dumb question.

3. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I was always told 'the only dumb question is the one you do not ask'!;)
    But after 30+ years on the street in LE, beleive me there are some real dumb questions out there!!!!:rolleyes:

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Oh, there ARE dumb questions- but that is not one of them.

Pic explains why not-

Winchester-Ammunition_17-Winchester-Super-Magnum.jpg

5. johnfs

johnfs New Member

i thank you all as usual you guys answer all my questions no matter dumb or not i think im going to like shooting 17hmr from all i have heared for sub cal it does the job. when u can find ammo

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the 17 HMR is one of those that people either like or hate. not a lot of middle ground for it for some.

when i bought my Savage M93r17 about nine years ago, i debated between the 17 HMR and the 22 Mag. well i decided upon the 17 because i wasn't going to hunt, just shoot targets with it, and i liked the ballistics of it for that reason. if i had planned on using it for hunting, i would probably have went with the 22 Mag instead. personally i like the 17HMR for my uses and it performs quite well.

now the 17 caliber i have my eye on now is the new 17 Hornet. a 22 Hornet that is necked down to a 17 caliber and has the neck moved father forward at a steeper angle. about 3650 FPS muzzle velocity with a 36 gr bullet! pretty danged fast.

7. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I always tell my students that there is no such thing as a stupid question. There are just stupid people that ask questions.