May want to do a trade in

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Nat_Turner, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Nat_Turner

Nat_Turner New Member

What is the best subcompact 40 cal. I own a G27 gen4. It is a pocket rocket! Is there any subcompact 40cal that is smoother than the G27?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

What do you mean smoother? A smaller lighter gun will have more felt recoil.

3. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Without knowing exactly what you're looking for it is hard to say. I will recommend looking into the compact M&P...I really like mine. I had a G27 for a brief time but just didn't like it nearly as much...and I'm a big Glock fan.

4. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

I don't know what you mean by smoother, but I can tell you the G27 is much more enjoyable to shoot than the XD-40 sub compact. My G27 is my first and only Glock, but I have to tell you I am impressed with it as a shooter. I do find myself chanting, "No bang. No bang. No bang." as I slip it into the holster every morning, but other than that it's a good handgun.

5. Nat_Turner

Nat_Turner New Member

I do not mean lighter. I mean less recoil. I like heavier guns. For instance the H&K 45 is smoother than the G21 gen 4. The Kimber 45 Raptor II is smoother than that. I hope you understand "smoother". Maybe I just like the DA/SA or SA?

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Got ya. You're looking for a smaller heavier gun. Maybe a 1911 platform?

7. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

A good all steel frame/slide 1911 compact in .45 is a good idea. The weight helps with the recoil, has a good trigger, but SA only. I know that para make a "companion" model IIRC that is SA/DA. Its not as heavy but has a nice trigger and has manageable recoil.

8. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You could also think about a tungsten guide rod and maybe even a ported barrel.

10. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

That is like asking what is the best car? Best Boat? Best beer? Best shoes? Best computer? etc. It will vary by the person and what you're using the gun for. Every person you will ask will have a different answer for different reasons. For example look at the post above where Doc3402 says he would take the G27 over the Subcompact XD. I feel 100% the oposate. I wouldn't own a Glock if they were free and am a big XD fan. I ove 3 XD's and one XDm. I have owned one Glock and my opinion was it was the biggest POS ever invented. That doesn't make me or Doc3402 right or wrong. It just means we have different tastes in guns. I'm sure you will find 1000 people to say XD is junk and 1000 more to say Glock is junk. Try as many .40 compacts as you can and decide based on your experience.

11. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

I like the CZ RAMI in .40, but the XD is starting to look pretty appealing.