May have to move out of Illinois Real Fast

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by YESSIREE, Jan 2, 2013.

1. YESSIREE

YESSIREE New Member

URGENT ALERT – YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

CULLERTON TO INTRODUCE NEAR TOTAL GUN BAN ON JANUARY 2ND

The ISRA has learned from a credible source that Illinois Senate President John Cullerton will introduce a so called “assault weapons” ban on Wednesday when the legislature returns for its “lame duck” session. Cullerton hopes to ramrod the bill through and get it to Governor Quinn for signature by Friday. If he is successful at doing so, nearly every gun you currently own will be banned and will be subject to confiscation by the Illinois State Police.

Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called “assault weapons” but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.

2. Rarity

Rarity New Member

Does this go for criminals too? :p
    I don't think so..

It looks like they want their last punch before they leave.

3. Colby

Colby New Member

Any verification of this thing??

4. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

their are alot of bill like that being introuduced around the country most are uncounstional. but that wont stop them from trying to distroy the guns befor the law is killed in court

5. Donn

Donn Active Member

No offense Yessir, but does any of this really surprise you? In light of the Court decision regarding concealed carry, then the terrible Newtown business, you knew some Illinois pol would over reach. Given the prevailing philosophy of state and local politicians down there, this bill will pass in some form. I lived in Chicago back in the 90's, had my fill of their way of thinking. Got out the first chance I could.

6. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

That should give you the ammuniation to get together all your buddies and stand up for your 2nd amendment rights. Tell'em ... Your not giving up your guns! Period!! Once they have them... GAME OVER!!

7. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Ain't gonna happen. Illinois is not going to confiscate firearms. If you live in a Rahm Emanual controlled area, however, you never know!

8. YESSIREE

YESSIREE New Member

Donn,
    No offense taken. I know some type of B.S. was going to be attempted but this one is way over the top.

9. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

So well get know if it passes tonight?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  10. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I would sell off and move.

11. Donn

Donn Active Member

Just came across the wire via, (who else?), MSNBC. Illinois passed their own version of the AWB. If you don't already have an AR, you ain't getting one legally. Hi-cap mags are included. Go to MSNBC's website for the gory details.

12. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

they will be voting on this today...call your state reps!!!!

13. Car54

Car54 New Member

14. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

They passed it out of committee. Not passed into law. Looks like they are several votes short of passing through the senate.

15. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

And it's dead... For now...

16. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

17. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

18. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

No, no, no!!!!!!! From what I have read today this this is going to be put to rest for a while . Let's hope so any way

19. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

It passed committee, now it "may" go to a vote on the floor. However, they already said that they don't have the votes in a lame duck session so they are shelving it for now.

20. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

THANK GOD, I was nervous for a minute lol