May as hop on the band wagon: Ask a Southern Male

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by nchunt101, May 16, 2014.

1. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

Ask away--I have enjoyed these threads. I am a southern man that lives in a small town in eastern NC. I am 30.

2. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Wow by your avatar picture I've always pictured a different gender darn it

3. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

Nah i just like lookin at tits and love the band.

4. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I lived for three years on the Southern Border of Va. And NC , near the Great Dismal swamp area . Best Withe Lightening grain moon shine I'd ever drank ..
    I swear , went down like water . Right int the small town of Moyock and Curituk .

Mmmmmm....! Girls was quite polite also , I liked down that a ways . Nothing but a party ! :D

5. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

We try to keep it that way buddy. The shine here is a good tonic for all ills

6. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Someone said North Carolinians have the longest drawl in all of Dixie. True or false?

7. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

I live in Virginia and go hunt in the Dismal Swamp area.

8. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Are ya a southern gentleman or do ya tell the girl to open her own dam door?

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

GRITS - Girls Raised In The South

AUBURN - Alabama Usually Beats Us 'Round November

If NC is sits at a higher latitude than FL (or "closer" to Washington DC, if you will), then why do dogs circle before they sh$t?

10. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Do you poach or steam anything down there or is everything always fried?

11. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Because they can't read a compass. Dogs align themselves with the north and south magnetic poles when they poop. :confused:

12. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Hound dawgs, Muscle cars, shotguns and trucks!!

Eggs are poached AND fried... steam we reserve for oysters... Boiled for a big pot with crawdads or shrimp, corn and taters (thank you my Louisiana Bayou cousins for that!!!)... Chicken and hushpuppies are always fried.. the rest is either BBQ'd (like our pork) or baked like our cornbread, biscuits and pies...

Damn, I'm hungry!! I'll see you guys later!!

13. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Ok, Im gonna get controversial here, dont get nervous, I do appreciate the south but its a diff world than what Im used to, ny 6 months in Ft Gordon GA was like a different country. I know Southerners dont like northerners moving in to town and really dont like us getting jobs there. Ive had a few tradesmen friends move down south and they have been hugely successful in a very short period of time (some have been there a decade or less and are doing much better than their neighbors that have been there forever). All have ended up in lead or management positions over time and all have expressed that their success was due to their effective, speedy and efficient use of time. They also point out they got lots of grief from the locals for killing the job and moving at NY speed.

Any thoughts on that?

14. stratrider

stratrider New Member

I have a theory on why we southerners talk so slow. Ya see, our government was all fired up about Malaria eradicashun back in the early '40s so they thought it would be a pretty good idea to spray DDT all over the place to kill these disease ridden skeeters. Little did they know what impact that would have on Bubba an' his kin. That DeeDeeTee wrecked havoc on our usual blazin' speed of thought and speech. I'm of the notion that we used ta out talk a New Yorker with a coffee buzz back in the day :D

15. MisterMcCool

I have a theory as to why the south lost the civil war. As Lincoln's army invaded, the confederate scouts ran back to warn Grant. "Theeeeeee Yaaaaankeeees arrrrrrrre uhhhhhhh cooooooooommmmmmiiiiiiiiin!" Speaking a little faster would have given a little more advanced warning. :p

No offense and none taken

16. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i think us southerners talk slowly simply because we are very conservative with everything, including our speech!:p

17. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

UH:eek: Grant was the Union General and the 18th President.

18. MisterMcCool

We do everything slowly and the ladies don't complain. ;)

19. MisterMcCool

I guessed at that. I'm not old enough to remember, maybe you are. :p

20. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Amen Brother, and pass me another beer!:D