Mauser identity

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by papaj1, Feb 27, 2013.

1. papaj1

papaj1 New Member

I have a mauser barrelled action and would like to determine specifics about it.The only marks I see are on the left side of the receiver kb 32296. the # 296 also is on the safety and # 296 under a crown appears on bottom plate.
    Sights have been removes and barrel appears to have been sanded.Any comments will be appreciated.

2. cottontop

cottontop Guest

Could you post some pictures?
    ct

3. papaj1

papaj1 New Member

mauser

having a problem uploading pictures but will post when possible,

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Mauser mad many models for many countries and had liscensed factories in many countries. So, without pictures it would take probably more than a thoustand words to try to nail down a specific enough description. Unless you are already a Mauser freak who knows the details to give verbally.

Any country markings? Letter codes? Proof marks? Large ring action or small ring? Pre-98 action or post? Long barrel or short? Type of wood (laminated or solid.)? Sling swivel type, number and orientation, or a sling slot cut through the stock? But plate design, Stamped or milled action parts?

5. papaj1

papaj1 New Member

Mauser ID

Some photos of barreled action I am trying to identify to sell

Attached Files:

6. SSGN_Doc

Looks like a Swede '96 action. Any shots of markings on the action and barrel. If it is a Swedish Mauser it shoud be a 6.5x55mm. They make a decent light deer rifle in the carbine barreled form, if it has already been partially demilitarized like that one.

7. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

That is a Swedish 1894 barreled action, probably chambered in 6.5x55 Swede...............How Much $$ ?...............

8. cottontop

cottontop Guest

It could be a Husqvarna 96 action and it could be chambered in 6.5x55, 8x57, or 9.3x57. At least that's what the bolt handle looks like. Being that the barrel is stepped, it is probably not a Husqvarna, but chambered in 6.5x55 as others have said.
    ct

9. papaj1

papaj1 New Member

The only markings I see are kb32296 on left side of receiver,#296 on safety and #296 under a crown on the bottom plate.Any idea of value?

10. SSGN_Doc

Just a barreled action with no sights, no known bore condition, light rust, possible removal of some markings and bluing...

About $100 not knowing if the barrel would be a total loss.

11. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

That is a '96 action, M38 bolt. The bolt is Husqvarna, the barreled action could be CG or Husqvarna depending on when it was made. It is Military. I'm not sure why someone scrubbed the roll stamps off.

12. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

With out looking at it real close I am pretty damn sure it is a Carbine m/94 ("Karbin m/94"), that`s what the Kb stands for & was more than likely built by Mauser or Carl Gustafs Stads Gevärsfaktori................

13. papaj1

papaj1 New Member

Mauser ID

Thanks for the responses, Barrel is in good shape.

14. jpattersonnh

The initials before the serial number are the inspectors. Looking at it again, carbines used the last 4 digits of the serial number on parts, the M96 and M38 used 3. The bolt has been blued. Somone wanted a carbine and started cutting.

15. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Sorry mine don`t...................

Attached Files:

16. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Here, took the top off a 1894, look familiar ?...............

Attached Files:

17. jpattersonnh

Check the bolt and bottom metal.
    They all used a 3 step barrel. After the last step the legnth changes.

It could be anything then. Here is a link to an actual 1895 rifle, noteing the serial numbers.
    http://dutchman.rebooty.com/ob11959.html

Here is a list of '94 rifles. Note K.B. is Found on a 1903 rifle. That is the most significant proof .303Tom was correct. It seems K.B. is found only on 1903's! It is not a hack job, but a '94 w/ a blued bolt. That would make a great woods rifle.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013