Masterpiece Arms

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by mudslinger79, Jul 2, 2010.

1. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

Have any of you guys or gals owned, fired, picked up, looked at or know anything about this company? I love the MAC 10 look a like. I wanna look into getting one in a 9mm version but would like some opinions first.

2. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Being a gun shop employee, I have handled them, but never shot one.
    I don't know anything about their reliability, but I can say that
    as far as ergonomics goes, they're the most uncomfortable firearm I've ever put in my hand... the feel was just awful.

3. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

I have a M.P.A. Mini 9mm Defender and I love it. It is true about the grip. It is wide, but I have big hands. As far as accuracy goes, well mine has a 3 1/2" barrel, but they have longer barreled versions available as well as replacement barrels you can add. The gun itself is a simple design and very easy to maintain. I have shot well over a thousand rounds through mine without a hitch. The only thing I don't like about the gun is that the ejector tends to crimp the casings when they are expelled. If you reload then you know why this is a problem. If you are looking for a fun gun to go plinking with, then I give you the thumbs up. For home defense though.....?

4. Iam99x

Iam99x New Member

Hello, all.

I work for Masterpiece Arms, and have for the past couple of months. If anyone has any questions about our guns, I can probably answer them.

Our MAC clones are tried and true. They work, and they work great. I will agree and say that the MPA10T and MPA10SST (45mm) are big, and almost like holding a brick. The MPA30 series (full sized 9mm) is decent for people with medium to large sized hands. It's not too heavy, and not too big. In my opinion, it's borderline on being too large.

My personal favorite, and what we seem to sell the most off, is the mini 9mm. It is small, has an enjoyable kick (if you will), and isn't too tiring on the arm.

Our 380 and .32 Protector guns are pretty awesome. They look and feel amazing, although they are still in development as well as production.

We are constantly changing it's design to be best gun it can be.

All of our guns have a lifetime warranty, and if you have a Protector that isn't up-to-date, we will gladly update it with no cost to you at all.

Allen

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

So you guys have a 460 Rowland Semi-Auto Pistol?

Attached Files:

6. Iam99x

Iam99x New Member

No.

Visit our website to see the guns we make.

www.masterpiecearms.com

7. Iam99x

Iam99x New Member

Look at the date on that link.

We don't make those, anymore, but can if special ordered.

We stopped producing them. Not many were sold. The MPA10 would be your better bet.

8. yellowhand

yellowhand New Member

I picked up a 9mm side cocker a few years ago because it took un-modified sten mags which I had a ton of, ok, a hundred or so, and the thing will feed and fire anything I place into it.
    Stuck a green laser on top on it and once adjusted, will hit anything its pointed at out to one hundred yards.
    Never had a FTF or FTE.
    It works, and as a back up, 32 round mags, and the day time laser makes it a very nice package for AR backup.

9. Iam99x

Iam99x New Member

That's awesome, man. I am glad that you have had such success with your gun! If you ever have ANY issue with it at all that you can't fix yourself, let me know and I will do my best to help you out. Remember, we have a lifetime warranty on all of our guns.

10. yellowhand

yellowhand New Member

If you could PM or post here a list of spare parts, parts that do wear or break needed for mine that would be a help. So far no issue, but I do like to keep spare parts for everything I have, for if or when.

11. Iam99x

Iam99x New Member

Well, all moving parts are bound to fail at some point. It's really hard to say what will fail first, or how soon it will fail. I haven't been with the company for very long, so let me ask a guy I work with so I can get you a better answer as to which parts most commonly fail first.

Allen

EDIT

The buffer pads begin to wear out around 200 rounds, and the recoil spring begins to wear around 1,000 rounds.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  12. mpa930

mpa930 New Member

Masterpiece Arms Customer Service

Today I had a major malfunction.. Someone must have fell asleep/vodka drunk at the Barnaul plant because I got a double load. My luck. I've seen posts by guys who've shot thousands of the Military Classic without a hitch.
    Firing pin wasn't working and the buffer took a beating..

Called Masterpiece Arms and they took care of me no questions asked. Say what you will about these cool little guns, I love mine, and their customer service seems to be excellent!

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Sorry but I stopped at the $345 380 :rolleyes:

14. jeep606

jeep606 New Member

new mpa

just ordered the mini 9mm. went to shoot it had a few odd malfunctions where after releasing the trigger and pulling it again the gun would not fire and the hammer would be in the down position on a loaded chamber as if the safety sear didnt engage the hammer properly and let it follow the bolt down. i found upon dissasembly that the safety hook on the hammer was deformed and wasnt engaging the sear correctly. i ordered a new hammer and installed it and it has worked fine. also there seems to be less trigger slap with the new hammer. i know macs have always had trigger slap but does it vary from gun to gun and does the caliber 9mm vs 45 matter?

15. Iam99x

Iam99x New Member

What is the serial number on your gun? If you ever have an issue with one of our guns, please email, call, or PM me so we can help sort the issue. If a part is defective, we will replace it free of charge. I'm glad you got the problem sorted out. Can you send me a picture of the hammer? It's very rare that we make or send out one that is problematic. Each and every gun is tested before sending out.

Personally, I think the trigger slap differs from gun to gun ad well as from person to person. Not everyone grips the firearm the same or pulls the trigger the same as the next person. The trigger slap on all of our guns are pretty relative to one another. Although, I notice it the most when firing a 930T without the safety extension because of the light weight--causing heavier recoil. I would say that it is the least noticeable when firing a 1SST. Heavier gun--lighter recoil.

16. Yossarian

Yossarian New Member

MPA Protector II

I have a question about Masterpiece Arms. I have the Protector II and have been trying to find out when you'll get more magazine clips in for this pistol; which is probably the second smallest .380 after the Seecamp. Apprecate the info.

17. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Look at his profile. No activity since 2012.

18. Yossarian

Yossarian New Member

Thanks John Deer, should have caught the last activity date. Maybe he moved on to another company

19. Iam99x

Iam99x New Member

We recently sent one of our last Protector magazines to another company so they could replicate and produce them for us. We hope to have them back in stock, and in customers hands soon. These are in high demand, amd we are doing all we can to get them out to you guys.

Thanks,
    Allen

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013