MASSIVE new gun range in Colorado!!

Discussion in 'Colorado Gun Forum' started by s9601694, Nov 18, 2012.

1. s9601694

s9601694 New Member

My buddy and i stumbled upon The Second Amendment Firearms Experience LLC yesterday!!

This is going to be a new shooting facility with tons of covered and uncovered shooting bays on a 900 acre lot, about 5 minutes east on I-25 and Hwy 66!!

If you sign up now (for free) you will be put on the list to become a Founding Member

I called the number on the web page yesterday and spoke to Ron (one of the Managing Partners).

I am so stoked, this is 10 minutes from my house!

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  2. bpdenverco

bpdenverco New Member

And did you see, what they want per month. In addition to the yearly price.. Then if you want to shoot on the weekends you need a higher membership, then the per hour rates, I just dint know...

3. sparky17

sparky17 Member

Just checked to dues/fees. To expensive! I'll keep my current range membership $60 a year and no additional charges!

4. Dgunsmith

Dgunsmith New Member

NOT going to happen in Firestone as originally planned.

TOO many pissed off vocal neighbors appeared at the public hearings and the project was withdrawn.

Very POORLY marketed and researched prior to moving forward to public hearings.

Way over priced and then shifted to propose NO LEAD AMMO......really ?

alsaqr and schnuffleupagus like this.
  5. bpdenverco

bpdenverco New Member

Well shucks

They could have dropped the membership prices and just charge $1.00 per round, I think it would have been cheaper to shoot their...

6. stompk

stompk New Member

lead free? geez, more people than ever are reloading now, and their fees? good lord. no thank you.

7. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Clear creek sportsman's club in Dumas...
    Some awesome memories!

10 plates, one hand 7.3 seconds. It's not world class, but I was so proud.

8. imaregularjoe

imaregularjoe Active Member

Pawnee Grass lands is where I go.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  9. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I have paid $20,000 per year for 30 years for my range fees, and the RO is an azz about safety.

10. imaregularjoe

11. imaregularjoe

I hear ya. I live in Loveland, just a stones throw from ya.

12. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

I wish I were rich.

alsaqr likes this.
  13. imaregularjoe

14. Chainfire

So do I. I worked for a living. My range is in my back yard and I am the RO. ;) The "range fee" is my mortgage.

ConfusedCaliber and Sniper03 like this.
  15. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I wish I had back yard range.

16. Chainfire

"Range" is a term that needs some defining here. Perhaps I should call it a "place to shoot" rather than a range. I have a hundred and fifty yards, about 8 yards wide, tunneled through hardwood growth and ending in a 8' high earthen mound about 16 feet wide. and 16 feet thick at the base. My property extends about a thousand feet behind that, all heavily wooded with thick undergrowth. I keep it mowed and keep one of those inexpensive tent shelters to keep my bench out of most of the rain. My son and I are going to build a more permanent shelter but the project keeps getting pushed back. So, I am not claiming to have a range in the sense of a commercial facility.

If I am working on something and just need to fire a few test rounds, or if the squirrels start getting too froggy on Mama's bird feeders, I just step out on the back porch and shoot. (usually when my wife is not home) My property drops off rapidly to a ravine so there is no danger of shooting someone unless they are trespassing. In which case, I also have a swamp and a shovel. ;)

I am not close to my neighbors either in a physical sense or an social one. I do a lot of shooting over here. . I can't see a neighbor's house and they can't see mine. They walk wide around me because I suspect that they think I am some kind of militia-like gun nut. I don't do anything to dissuade them from that notion. I don't want them to know I am an old hippie, liberal Democrat with a big heart. I like my solitude. :)

There is a price to pay to live in a place like this. I am five miles from a gas pump, 12 miles from a grocery store, 40 miles from a decent hospital, doctors, theater, shopping mall, bowling alley, airport or sit-down restaurant. I wouldn't trade it even for Trump's New York Penthouse if I had to live there.

17. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Chain
    I am with you! I like you simply have a place to shoot here at home in the mountains.
    I have right at 100 yards max distance to shoot here. And like you the definition of a range would mean different things to different people. I also shoot into the earth which has about a half mile of vegetation and trees behind it. Just thankful to have a place to shoot. Also from the front or back porch if I choose. We both are blessed to have this situation. I do feel sorry for our friends who have to rake and scrape for a place to shoot. That is exactly why I left the Metro are in 2003. But at least we had several gun clubs in the area within 15 to 60 Miles of which you could shoot almost anything from Skeet, Trap, Sporting Clays, Rifles & Pistols. One big range facility about 60 miles away had several ranges and one up to 600 yards for rifles. I have to go to the hunting lease in Texas once every year to shoot that kind of distance.
    But home is best!;)

Chainfire likes this.