Massad Ayoob Speed Strip Reload Demo

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Gatekeeper, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Short clip of Massad Ayoob reloading using speed strips
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMAXlT3ZLzs&feature=related]YouTube - 037 Massad Ayoob Demonstrates how to Reload the Revolver with the Bianchi "Speed Strip"[/ame]

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

That's pretty quick!! Thanks Gate!

3. MB44

MB44 New Member

If the size of a speedloader is an issue then this is absolutely a good option, as the strips will be easier to carry.

Nice video.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Nice informative post Gate! :cool:

And as stated above, the speed-strips would be easier to carry and one could carry more, than with round speed-loaders, and reload is almost as quick.

5. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

I like the strips for the reasons other's stated above. They are compact and lay flat in a pocket. I always wondered the best way to use them (twisting up or to the side,etc).
    My new strips are very tight and don't release the rounds without some serious force , I need to do some practice to loosen them up a bit and get more comfortable with the procedure:D

6. WDB

WDB New Member

Good info, made a lot of sense, I've always tried to bend them and load 3 at a time. It never worked out well.

Thanks

7. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Great info there. I wondered how those worked.

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I like the speed strips for my BUG. 2 speed strips in the trauma plate pouch of the body armor lay flat and brings my total ammo on board to 64 rounds. With that, I should be able to get to the trunk and REALLY get into a serious fight.

9. BulkAmmo

BulkAmmo New Member

Speed Strip

Thanks for sharing.

I'm going to have to try out the 5 out of 6 method this evening.

It's always nice to learn a new trick.

10. RMc

RMc Member

Speed strips are the way to go for a BUG

I have used Bianchi speed strips, downloaded by one, as the best available option for reloading a small frame .38spl for years.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  11. Hmmm?

I've carried Speed Strips since the 1970s and never realized the problem of loading them fully. They always worked for me even so.

Just a couple months ago, I found some speed strips (or knock offs) for .44 Special/Magnum revolvers and picked up a couple. Since then I've moved and have to find the right box to get them out. Did I mention I hate moving?