Massad Ayoob Speed Strip Reload Demo

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Gatekeeper, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Short clip of Massad Ayoob reloading using speed strips
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMAXlT3ZLzs&feature=related]YouTube - 037 Massad Ayoob Demonstrates how to Reload the Revolver with the Bianchi "Speed Strip"[/ame]

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

That's pretty quick!! Thanks Gate!

3. MB44

MB44 New Member

If the size of a speedloader is an issue then this is absolutely a good option, as the strips will be easier to carry.

Nice video.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Nice informative post Gate! :cool:

And as stated above, the speed-strips would be easier to carry and one could carry more, than with round speed-loaders, and reload is almost as quick.

5. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

I like the strips for the reasons other's stated above. They are compact and lay flat in a pocket. I always wondered the best way to use them (twisting up or to the side,etc).
    My new strips are very tight and don't release the rounds without some serious force , I need to do some practice to loosen them up a bit and get more comfortable with the procedure:D

6. WDB

WDB New Member

Good info, made a lot of sense, I've always tried to bend them and load 3 at a time. It never worked out well.

Thanks

7. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Great info there. I wondered how those worked.

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I like the speed strips for my BUG. 2 speed strips in the trauma plate pouch of the body armor lay flat and brings my total ammo on board to 64 rounds. With that, I should be able to get to the trunk and REALLY get into a serious fight.

9. BulkAmmo

BulkAmmo New Member

Speed Strip

Thanks for sharing.

I'm going to have to try out the 5 out of 6 method this evening.

It's always nice to learn a new trick.

10. RMc

RMc Member

Speed strips are the way to go for a BUG

I have used Bianchi speed strips, downloaded by one, as the best available option for reloading a small frame .38spl for years.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  11. OldManMontgomery

OldManMontgomery Active Member

Hmmm?

I've carried Speed Strips since the 1970s and never realized the problem of loading them fully. They always worked for me even so.

Just a couple months ago, I found some speed strips (or knock offs) for .44 Special/Magnum revolvers and picked up a couple. Since then I've moved and have to find the right box to get them out. Did I mention I hate moving?