Martial Arts

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

How many members here trained in the arts?

2. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I'm trained in Rex Kwon Do!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKmUsVeKp1o]YouTube - Napoleon Dynamite - Rex Kwon Do[/ame]

LOL! Just kiddin'

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I would venture to guess in excess of 70% of our forum has probably dabbled in some form or another. We seem to have some pretty squared away guys on this board - which is why I like you guys so much...

JD

4. user4

user4 New Member

I'm master of "Bang Foo". When trouble rears its ugly head, I draw Wynnona from her holster and go "Bang Foo!"

5. Shingles44

Shingles44 New Member

I studied and trained in aikido for quite a while but pretty much fell out of it when I broke a wrist (unrelated).

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Tae Kwon Do- in college
    Aikido- under master Imaizumi Sensei
    PPCT (Pressure Point Control Tactics)- Instructor (kind of simple Aikido for cops)
    Orcutt Police Nunchacu

7. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I've seen all the Bruce Lee movies.

8. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Judo - in college
    Wing Chung Kung Fu - in the military
    Tae Kwon Do - following the military
    Kenpo - When I really was too old and should have known better

I know enough of each to be a definite hazard to myself!! :D

9. user4

user4 New Member

Not many know Wing Chung. One of the better ones in conjunction with Aikido.

10. npbwbass

npbwbass New Member

Ju jitsu, in the early days, Okinawan Kempo when I was still good looking, edged weapons in Cold Steel seminars until I learned how to bleed real well. And, I have had things that go bang all my life.

My Army Col. uncle Jack told me martial arts help develop a disciplined mind when I was a kid. I believe him even more so now.

11. Scrapper

Scrapper New Member

Judo for ten years.

Boxing (AAU) 4 years.

American Jujitsu (MMA) for 3 years.

Weightlifting for 15 years. (If you don't think weightlifting is a form of combat preparation, you're nuts!)

I actually got into firearms because I felt it was a natural progression for self-defense. No matter how far my physical skills advanced, it would always be trumped by a gun.

Besides, training all those years has left me with some pervasive injuries. Shooting is less damaging to my body! (Not counting my .454; that thing is brutal!)

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Sadaharu Kurobane Sensei, Denver Colorado Wado Karate

5 years as a youngster from that chap. I attended his arrainged marriage ceremony in Denver. Sempi (then) Tanabe was there for a couple of years before my family drug me to Ohio. Did a little here, but not the same. My son is in Shoryn-ru (sp) now. He loves it. I should have continued.

13. chopkick

chopkick New Member

Tae Kwon Do as a teen

Hwa Rang Do as an adult.

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I am a 13th degree black belt in the most deadly martial art of them all Mexican Judo. It is only taught to 4 students a year.

Judo know if I got gun [​IMG]judo know if I got knife. [​IMG]

LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  15. supergus

supergus New Member

16. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Supergus! where you been?

17. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I train mixed martial arts with a private teacher twice a week and sumo (seriously) twice a week.

The funny thing about sumo is that I need to shed a few pounds to avoid fighting in the open weight class where I'd have to deal with really heavy guys.

18. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Started training Krav Maga two weeks ago. Been through several sessions now.

19. Primo

Primo New Member

Just started Aikido..got started and had to take a break due to no time..Im hoping to get back on it by the first of march and stay on it now.

20. supergus

supergus New Member

Been around. I'm working more so I don't get to post as much. Usually I'm on that damn Movie Quote thread!!:D