Marlin xt-22tr

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by JuniorRanger, Feb 22, 2012.

1. JuniorRanger

JuniorRanger New Member

I'm liking this model and I want to know what you guys think about it? Good gun? Accurate? It's for my son who's semi new into shooting and I want to get him a reliable, accurate, bolt action .22 rifle . I heard marlin makes good ones but I wanted to hear you guys and I'm open for other options!

Attached Files:

2. kaido

kaido New Member

I know you want to hear about the TR model, but I figured the R model wouldn't be to much different. The only visual difference I can see is that the TR is tube fed while the R model has a detachable mag.

So far out of close to, if not more, then 1000 rounds there's yet to be any jams with the rifle my girlfriend has. the action on it isn't very stiff at all. Even right out of the box it was smooth as ice. The trigger has been the same way. The best part about the trigger is that you can set it any where from 3lbs all the way up to 7lbs. Even with me and her (girlfriend) being pretty new to shooting, we're able to get groups of an inch with iron sights.

3. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

They are great guns

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

4. JuniorRanger

JuniorRanger New Member

Thank you. I like the tube fed better because it is able to hold more rounds