marlin x7vh

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by jekyllandhide, Aug 5, 2012.

1. jekyllandhide

jekyllandhide New Member

heard they gonna offer it in 223 anyone know.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

yes they are! three new models of the X7 in 223. the XS7,wich is the 22" sporter barrel model, the XS7Y, which is the 22" barreled youth model, and the XS7VH, which is the 26" heavy varmint barreled model. new for 2012. they are not listed on their website for some reason, but are in the printed catalog available from Marlin by mail.

3. godale

godale Member

perhaps it is time to upgrade the handi rifle? i have been waiting.;)

4. jekyllandhide

jekyllandhide New Member

I have look in the website and didnt. See it must mot update there site offten

5. Axxe55

they are not listed on the website. you have to get the 2012 printed catalog to see them listed. they are new for 2012.

6. jekyllandhide

jekyllandhide New Member

Ok i tried to get a catalog but got an error page

7. Axxe55

then go to your LGS and have him order you an XS7VH in 223! that's what i am going to do.

8. mrfox556

mrfox556 New Member

I got the 308 x7vh in layaway. I wanted the 223 but the distributor only had 308. I figured oh well, bigger is better than smaller.

9. me762

me762 New Member

Yeah! Why did you want the 223 varmint hunting? They make it in 243 and that's a better all around varmint round that can also take deer and hogs hell my grandma killed elk with her savage 99 for 20 years. I have a xs7 in 7-08 and I love It great light hunting rifle

10. Axxe55

the 243 is an excellent caliber and one of my favorites, also a very versatile round if you were only wantin one rifle that could be used for different types of hunting. the 223 is a very good varmint caliber and when is loaded with the proper ammo is downright dealdy on varmints. the 223 is more suited for varmint hunting is a good dedicated varmint caliber. good choice for that type of hunting and a good companion to other calibers if you have them.

the Marlin XS7VH is a 26" heavy barreled rifle that now comes in three different calibers, the 22-250, the 308 and now the 223. i have the XS7VH in 308 and now that the 223 has come out in that rifle, will probably be my next choice in a Marlin rifle.

11. jekyllandhide

jekyllandhide New Member

I called my lgs i can get one for 320 not bad for a hb bolt gun with a adjustable trigger

12. Axxe55

i just ordered one myself. though it might be a little wait yet on it due to availability. but i am patient and will just await it's arrival! gives me time to order some reloading dies and bullets. i have plenty of brass from my AR!

13. jekyllandhide

jekyllandhide New Member

I wanna get into reloading but the start up is kinda priceie

14. Axxe55

Jekyll, it's not really that expensive. check out Lee reloading equipment. you can get an entire setup, minus the dies, for a decent price. check out MidwayUSA or MidSouth Shooters Supply for some good deals on reloading equipment. you could get everything needed to reload for a couple of hundred dollars if you shop around.

15. jekyllandhide

jekyllandhide New Member

16. Axxe55

buy the book "The ABC's of Reloading" and another good one i like is Lee's Modern Reloading manual. the ABC's book can be found at Amazon.com usually less than $15. very good book, i have ti and have read it many, many times. Lee's Modern Reloading manual is a load data book, but many of the beginning chapters go into lots of detail about the reloading process. i highly recommend both to a beginner. get them, read them several times then lets talk and discuss reloading.

17. huffmanite

huffmanite New Member

Excellent suggestion. I'd learned the basics of reloading when a teenager in a neighbors garage. Over 40 years later, I returned to shooting and reloading as a retirement hobby. One of first things I bought when getting back into reloading about 6 years ago was the Lee Manual, which proved to be very informative and useful. While I don't own the ABCs of Reloading, have perused throught it at a book store. Its a very good reference book for reloading.

18. jekyllandhide

jekyllandhide New Member

Sounds goo guys i think il check in it

19. me762

me762 New Member

Don't forget the Lyman manual it is my go to book and I has many different bullet manufacturers listed. Also on the hogden web site they have a "reloading center" that is constantly updated and has load data for new cartridges as well and old

20. Axxe55

Huffmanite, it's an excellent book for beginners as well as veteran reloaders. usually can be found at Amazon.com for less than $15. i refer to it occasionally to figure out reloading problems. very good book and should be required reading for anyone considering getting into reloading.