marlin X7VH 308

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by 01hugo, Mar 28, 2012.

1. 01hugo

01hugo New Member

Does anyone have anything to say about this particular rifle? I stumbled on it a day or two ago and I'm very intrigued. Check it out if you've never heard of it.

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Buy it because its a very well made, accurate, inexpensive rifle that has an adjustable trigger pre-sell installed. Then again i advise everyone to buy marlins;)

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

if you are interested in an inexpensive, accurate and well made bolt action in 308 with a heavy barrel, this is the one to give much consideration of. i have one and can attest to it's accuracy. very well made and cost me about $370 + tax NIB. i am very happy with my X7VH rifle. i have adjusted my trigger down to just over 2 lbs. and does this rifle shoot great. recoil is moderate and Marlin has put a very decent recoil pad that absorbs recoil very well. i have had many bolt action rifles in 308, and this one ranks up there with some that i have given as much as twice to three times in price. the only thing cheap about it, is the price.

4. 01hugo

01hugo New Member

Can't wait for that tax money!

5. Axxe55

Hugo, the XS7VH also comes in 22-250 also for the same price. the Marlin X7 series of rifles IMO is one of the best values when it come to a bolt action rifle. currently i have three of them, an XS7 in 7mm-08, a XL7C in 25-06 and the XS7VH in 308. all of them are very accurate and very well made. i also plan on if possible this year adding the XS7S in 243, the XL7S in 30-06, and the XS7VH in 22-250 to the collection. i am very pleased with the results mine deliver and enjoy shooting them quite a lot. just recently i started a mild custom job on my XS7 in 7mm-08. it gets shot more that the rest of them.

6. msup752

msup752 New Member

Now if it only came with a threaded barrel. I'm considering a Savage over this one in .308 with threading. The goal is to put an AAC flash suppressor on it and get one suppressor in .30 cal that will quick attack on a bolt gun, ar-15 and ar in 300 Blk. I can dream, can't I?

7. huffmanite

huffmanite New Member

Own a Marlin XL and XS. The XS is a .308 varmit heavy barrel. I don't particulary care for their stocks, being partial to wood stocks, but thats just me. Both shoot accurately and their factory triggers are good, no creep with a crisp release. Have both triggers adjusted down to under 2 lbs. I'd not hesitate to buy another one providing it was chambered in a cartridge I wanted.

8. Axxe55

you could always take the barrel off, as they come off just like the Savages. take it to a gunsmith or a machine shop and have it threaded. then you could mount a suppressor or muzzle brake.

9. Axxe55

check out Boyd's Gunstocks. i just mounted my 7mm-08 in a grey laminated that looks awesome. price is very decent at $92 + shipping and i was impressed with the quality of it. i plan on buying a couple more for some other rifles. i also recently mounted my Savage M83r17 in one, and did it change the looks. looks very similar to the factory laminated stock.

10. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

If you live in SW MO bring me the gun and ill thread it for cheap.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

11. huffmanite

huffmanite New Member

Have bought a few stocks from Boyds in the past. But do woodworking and make my own rifle stocks too. Made one for the Marlin7VH for my papershooting out of wood from a pallet and old parquet flooring. Savage/Marlin type actions fairly easy to inlet for.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012