Marlin Model 60 thumbhole stocks?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Anoo42, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Anoo42

Anoo42 New Member

I am looking for a synthetic thumbhole stock for my Marlin model 60, anyone know were to get one?

2. Anoo42

Anoo42 New Member

I'm looking for a synthetic stock, not lamented wood, glass reinforced carbon or similar.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i don't think anyone make a synthetic thumbhole stock for the marlin m60. if you want a thumbhole stock the Boyd's laminate is probably your only choice.

4. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I've seen synthetic stock for the 60 just not a thumbhole one.

5. Axxe55

you could buy the synthetic stock from marlin as they offer if now. but i think he is interested in a synthetic thumbhole stock, and i don't think they are available for the model 60. he might try to google it and see what comes up.

6. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Heck, I can't find it on the Marlin website...so have ya got a link for this synthetic thumbhole at Marlin??

Although, I can't understand why anyone would want a Synthetic Thumbhole...
    at least you can massage (open up) a wood one to fit a BIG thumb like mine ;)
    With a synthetic one, you can't modify it at all for fit...

7. Axxe55

no, shrek, you misunderstood. marlin makes the M60 now with a synthetic stock, not a thumbhole synthetic stock. the only thumbhole stock i know of for the M60 is a laminate stock, offered by Boyd's Stocks. sorry about the confusion.

8. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Its those verb tenses...;)

There are synthetic bullpup stocks, like the Well P90 for $30 that have a thumbhole...
    but they're not technically a thumbhole stock as most folks think of them.

I've got a pretty complete listing elsewhere...if one googles (Big Shrek "Marlin 60/795 accessories"),
    they'll find my 7 page listing of Marlin accessories. Everytime I find something new for Marlin 60/795's, I post it there :)

9. Anoo42

Anoo42 New Member

Thank you all.