Marlin M1 carbine clone

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by earl1412, Mar 11, 2012.

1. earl1412

earl1412 New Member

Does anyone have an idea as to where I can get information and possible prices for a Marlin 989-M2 commenorative rifle? I seem to be able to find information for Marlins with a tubular magazine, but not much (like zip) for the removable box types with the 100 year medallion on the stock. I've seen a couple on gunbrokers, but no commemorative units.
    Any links or info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    earl 1412

2. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Marlin 989-M2
    made from 1966-1979,
    came with 18" barrel and 7-round mag...
    and of course, the M-1-style stock & handguard,
    with an adjustable rear sight mounted on the accessory rail.

Looks like this...crap, I forgot to put the rear sight back on...but I added a Marlin leather Sling...
    [​IMG]

old pic...with the rear sight...LOL
    [​IMG]

3. big shrek

The Commemorative units are rare as hen's teeth...but there was a Bicentennial edition,
    and a few Duck's Unlimiteds and others...pricey little rascals...

4. RustyShackleford101

RustyShackleford101 New Member

Nice calicos

5. earl1412

earl1412 New Member

Big Shrek, your right about being rare, this model I have is the 100th year anniversary model, and it looks just like yours, with a medallion on the right side of the stock. I really don't know if I paid too much at 250 but I thought it would be worth somewhere close what I paid. Some you win, some you lose!:eek:
    Thank you again,
    earl

6. big shrek

Kinda depends entirely on Condition...but heck, I always say, any rifle worth less than 1K is a Shooter!! :D

7. big shrek

Hey, how about some Pics of your beauty!! Especially a closeup of the medallion :D

8. earl1412

earl1412 New Member

Hi Shrek,
    Hope these come through, the medallion says: Marlin 1870 1970.
    pics are crappy, lost my good camera, used the toy.
    earl

Attached Files:

9. big shrek

Good enough :)

That's a Centennial Edition for Marlin's 100th anniversary, so it adds about $50 to the usual going rate for a 989-M2 with rear sight, which you also have :)
    I also notice you've still got the Marlin sticker underneath the forearm...and the rifle looks to be in Very good condition!!

Be happy!!

I'd slap a Marlin Leather Sling on it and enjoy the Bleep out of it :D
    They can also use the Champion 25-rd mags as well...and the 13-rd OEM Marlin mags (if you can find 'em), as well as the normal 10's & 7's.

10. earl1412

earl1412 New Member

Thank you for the kind remarks, I will look for a sling for it, thanks for the magazine references, can never have too many!:D
    earl