Marlin Firearms warranty

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by akm47nagiont, Feb 13, 2014.

1. akm47nagiont

akm47nagiont New Member

About a year ago I purchased a Marlin XT 22 TR Great little rifle. I put a bipod on the sling mount and it broke so I called up and asked for a replacement stock so I could have a sling at least on my rifle they said they'd get one . It's now been 10 months!! And they still haven't sent me one. there's no aftermarket stocks that I can purchase. Needless to say I will never purchase from Marlin Firearms again. if anyone could help me find a Woodstock for the Marlin XT 22 TR that would be greatly appreciated. The Woodstock is an actual high-quality stock that would allow me to use a bipod without it breaking problem is they don't sell replacement versions of the Woodstock

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Why not repair the mount?

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014

3. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Maybe you gave up too easily did you try calling them more than once

One
    Big
    Ass
    Mistake
    America

4. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

When Remington bought Marlin customer service went out the window (Remlins now). But the quality seems to be coming back. For a few years there, they had big quality problems.

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

would it be easier to drill out the broken peice. re tap and put in a new mount????

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

I would say contact them again. I'm sure I would have been back on the phone after a few weeks and no response...

7. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Yea...I would give them another chance...before writing them off. I had a couple issues with the 338 express i bought last summer..It took a couple calls, and the LGS i bought it from making a call. But they made it right. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another Marlin...

8. akm47nagiont

akm47nagiont New Member

I have absolutely no idea how to fix the mount plus I would have to fix the back Mount as well. And yes I called them quite a few times i called every day this week to try to get a hold of them again except they have a storm going on so I can't get a hold of actual people. The firearm itself is good quality the stock it came in is garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk