Marlin 99M1 Action Assembly Help

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by GrumpyPine, Aug 28, 2010.

1. GrumpyPine

GrumpyPine New Member

I needed to replace the buffer on my Marlin 99M1 and realized that I had to take the action apart to get the old crumbled buffer off of the pin. When I did that I had a few parts jump out at me and now I need some help getting them back where they belong!

I have checked the schematic for names, but it isn't any help regarding how the parts actually fit together.

Action.jpg
    This is the action

TopAction.jpg
    This is the action from the top, you can see the hammer (forked looking thing)

Spring_HammerStrutBridge.jpg
    This is the part I need some help with- I have a hammer strut bridge (separate piece) that looks like it goes on the end of the hammer strut to hold the hammer spring in place. I just don't know how that in turn fits into the rest of the assembly. I can tell the spring is responsible for providing tension for the hammer, so it has to attach somehow and put pressure on that spring..

Here is a link to the schematic I have been looking at:
    http://stevespages.com/ipb-marlin-99-75.html

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Are you missing a pin that goes through the hammer strut/spring assembly?

3. GrumpyPine

GrumpyPine New Member

I don't believe so. I can't find one on the diagram, nor can I find one on the floor. There is a hammer strut pin listed, but it looks like that one is for going through on the hammer end.

4. GrumpyPine

GrumpyPine New Member

Well, I think I got it. I had to apply some mean pressure to that spring, but I managed to get it compressed enough to fit the hammer strut bridge into the hole that was closest. I think I have it put together right. I (cringe) dry fired it to make sure, and it seemed to click like normal.

5. Fisherking

Fisherking New Member

Take the pressur off the hammer strut by diconecting the hammer from the sear let the hammer come up all of the way and the hammer strutkeeper should go right on and one end goes through the hole in the side plate and the other through the other hole in the side plate not shown.
    F.K.