Marlin 795 use conversion kits?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by RedFries3, Jun 27, 2011.

1. RedFries3

RedFries3 New Member

Hi I have a marlin 795 and want to convert it. I have found many conversion kits but they say for the Ruger 10/22. The rifles look very similar except on the marlin the safety is behind the trigger and the 10/22 the safety is in the front. Will they work on the 795?

2. Brother_COM

Brother_COM New Member

convert?

When you say "convert", what do you mean? The 10/22 and 795 are WAy different. I have both :p
    so again, what exactly are you wanting to do to the 795?

Thanks,
    Glen
    Brother_COM

3. rice923

rice923 New Member

I'm gonna assume that he means to convert it to a tactical themed AR. Kind of like using an Archangel kit with a Ruger 10/22. I could be wrong tho.

4. RedFries3

RedFries3 New Member

Oh sorry should have been more specific I want to convert the stock and make it look like an AR or some other tactical rifle.

5. Brother_COM

Brother_COM New Member

look like an AR

If I were you, I buy the Mossberg or Colt AR/22

Good luck,
    Glen

6. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

More stocks are coming as MFR's find out the Marlin 795/60/70PSS share the same stock...but its slow going.
    Even with over 20 million total of those three rifles having been already sold...MFR's are lagging.

A Ruger stock can be modded, as can almost any stock, but be aware that it requires a LOT of attention to detail.
    The 1022 is 1/2" wider than the 795, so you must figure out what to fill the stock with remove the gaps.
    The trigger area has to be remolded to fit the 795.
    Now these things are do-able, but VERY time intensive...takes dedication and it wouldn't hurt to have had a gunsmith course.

That being said, folks have fit 795's into MG-24 kits, P-90 airsoft shells, M-1 Garand stocks, and many others with great success.
    You are only limited by your imagination and skill level.