Marlin 795 & 70-P 25-round mags!!!!

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by big shrek, Feb 10, 2011.

1. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

BETTER THAN SEX!!!
    Ok, almost....lol...y'all know how long we've been waiting for these...

Shooter's Ridge has FINALLY made the 25-round magazine for the 795 & 70!!
    Also reportedly fits the old 70-series, 995, & the rest of the 70-lookalikes!!

The word from Shooter's Ridge...
    "The #40426 magazine is brand new and is still in production. None have
    shipped yet and I anticipate they should be to the dealers in mid May
    2011. We do not have speed loader for these models yet.

Have a nice day,
    Dale Radcliffe
    ATK Technical Services"

Shooters Ridge - 25-Round Magazine for Marlin .22 Rifles
    [​IMG]

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That is AWESOME!!! I need to get a few for my 795.

3. razorbaq

razorbaq New Member

So Shrek Im gonna have to wait until May to get one of these or is there another way to get ahold of one before then? I just dont think I can wait until then, Im thinking of just buying me a remington 597 or ruger 10/22. But Im a marlin guy so I'd rather not. The magazine issue is the only thing making me have these thoughts. After all I could buy 7 of these mags with the money Id save from buying another 22 rifle.

4. big shrek

Hey, even I'm waiting until May...dangit!! LOL

By then it'll be warm enough to go spend all day at the range with hi-cap mags :D

Patience is a virtue!! At least that's what my wifey tells me...

5. Bullzeye10

Bullzeye10 New Member

Marlin XL7

Hey Shrek, do you know if this will fit a Marlin XL7? I looked at a 795 and it looks like the same magazine that I have but I'm not sure.

6. Eric0424

Eric0424 New Member

The XL7 is centerfire, and the 795/70 rifles are 22 long rifle. I doubt it will come close to fitting the XL7.

Doesn't the XL7 have an internal box magazine??

7. Bullzeye10

Bullzeye10 New Member

Sorry for the Confusion

Alright that was my bad, I am an idiot and looked at my Marlin 308 rifle manual instead of my marlin .22. So, do u know if it will fit a Marlin 925R?

8. kilogulf59

kilogulf59 New Member

...but do they work?

9. Eric0424

Eric0424 New Member

I would think so, but I don't own either rifle so I really can't say for sure. Marlin only has three 22 lr mags for the current line of rifles, two 7-round, one nickel and another blue, and one nickel 10-round so I would figure the 25-round should fit the 925R.

I don't know anyone who actually has one of these mags yet, they should be on the streets soon. I think everyone is waiting to see how they function before dropping the cash down.

10. ShotgundZombie

ShotgundZombie New Member

new but interested

I just joined literaly 5 minutes ago but i noticed this thread and wanted too say that you can actually buy them over the internet right now.

Im ordering one tonight and will hopefullt have it with me whe i go turkey hunting in two weeks. :)
    Ill tell yall how it works after that.

Heres the link for the store:
    http://nativeoutdoors.stores.yahoo.net/sr40426.html
    Its 13.99 without shipping.

oh yea, and i own a Marlin 750. boo-yah!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  11. ShotgundZombie

ShotgundZombie New Member

Uh Oh.

just ran into a speedbump. I cant figure out if the law in Va will alow me to have that big a mag. Somebody please HELP!!!!:eek:

12. razorbaq

razorbaq New Member

Just ordered mine, cant wait.

13. razorbaq

razorbaq New Member

Well i got it in today, The mag has no spring, Its got a coil in it. Neat little design but the top seems to be a little tight with the shells. Its doesnt let the shells stick up as high as the stock magazine. I just kept pulling the slide back and dropping rounds in and the round would go in the chamber sometimes but not everytime, Sometimes the bolt just slams and completely misses the round. Im going to try it out tomorrow and I will post the results. Has anyone tried one yet?
    Also its not very thick it seems sort of fragile.

14. razorbaq

razorbaq New Member

Well it was just as I suspected it would be, ftl on every round, this magazine is not even worth buying unless I just got a bad one. Im gonna try and modify it where the shell comes out of the mag when it does come out of the magazine it hits the top of the reciever and totally misses the chamber and the bolt slams into the side of the shell. Sometimes the first round would feed but none after the first one. Ruined about 10 bullets trying over and over, had no success. Please someone post back that also has one im just hoping I got a dud.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  15. illuminae

illuminae New Member

No Good

Ive had drama with this magazine. Was at the firing range yesterday with it and the feed is good but the magazine doesnt lock into place properly so won't activate the trigger. It goes in enough to get a round in the chamber but the notch at the rear of the magazine doesn't sit at the same position as the nickel plated 10 round magazines.

I love the idea of this magazine but geez is it really crap? Am i doing something wrong. It turned out the only way to get it to fire was to hold the magazine and push it up and slightly back so it would fit properly...

What is going on... can i fix it?

16. big shrek

Some folks are working on a fix...and folks with problem mags are told to contact Shooter's Ridge and tell them what's going on.

First product runs are often fraught with little headaches...kind of like how you never buy a car the First year it comes out,
    because it'll have all kindsa issues until the second/third year models arrive with changes correcting all the things
    that First-Year owners found. Like the old 64 & 1/2 Mustang had an underpowered & faulty generator
    that was replaced by an alternator in the 1965 model. Or the first-year Kia Soul...argh...don't get me started there ;)

17. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Will it fit a marlin glenfield model 25?

18. big shrek

Nope, totally different design.

19. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Bummer. Thanks though.