Firearms Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Yeah, Bear you beat me to it only because I saw the title of the thread and do not really care for the Marlin 60. For the money, it is a decent gun. I have one that always fed reliably and shot reasonably accurately.

But, the barrel appears to be simply press fit to the receiver. Mine is so loose in the receiver I will not shoot it anymore.
Can I have it?? :D I'd have fun working on it :)

If the OP is talking a NEW Marlin 60, he'll won't face the old problems of the previous ones. The new model's T-900 trigger doesn't need as much tweaking as the old ones...to say the least.

As opposed to the New Ruger 10/22's trigger, which pretty much needs to Immediately be taken out and thrown away fast as you get it home and replaced with something more reliable from Rifle Basix/Voldquartzen/etc. ;)

If Marlin 60's were as bad as the Ruger lovers complain...it wouldn't be the #1 Best Selling .22lr rifle of all time. They are both solid performers in their class as basic .22's.

But a Calico M-100 outdoes 'em BOTH! Just at 3 times the price ;)

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Let's see...Calico's enjoy a 100 round standard helical magazine...which is 90 & 70 more shots than the 10 round standard or the 30 rounder aftermarket mags for the 10/22...

Calico eats any ammo...even those dang Remington Golden's...

And with a good 4-16x40 on it scope, makes some mighty nice 50 & 75 yd groups :D

And unlike the Ruger 10/22, you don't need a new trigger 15 minutes after you leave the store.

The only thing Ruger has done to the 10/22 since it was put into full production is to put more & more substandard parts in it. Hence the HUGE aftermarket. You need a new trigger, you need a more accurate barrel, you need a better stock...I'd be embarrassed to offer anyone a stock Ruger 10/22 with all the problems they have.

More than one magazine has flat out said that Ruger should be embarrased for what they're doing with the 10/22 line. I could EASILY spend a few paragraphs kvetching about just the original trigger in my 10/22T alone...too easily. What the heck were they thinking?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.