Firearms Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
27,365 Posts
As much as I like Marlins, the 60 is a bit of a gunsmith's nightmare (or dream, if he is short of work) The 10-22 has a lot of after-market barrels, stocks, triggers, etc- which leaves me wondering- why do you need the after market stuff? Something wrong with the factory gun?

I shoot Marlins, Rugers, Winchesters, Remingtons, Brownings, and Mossbergs. Depends on what you want to do. Hunting? Plinking? Serious target shooting? I love my Mossberg 44US (Plug- they are available from The Civilian Markmanship Program for under $200) as a great target rifle- but I sure would not want to haul it around squirrel hunting. I love my Marlin 39A- best lever action 22 made- but it is not my first choice for a 50 meter competition gun. My Remington 550-1's are somewhere in the middle- pretty accurate, not a dead weight, and are fun plinkers that will handle any non-magnum 22 cartridge I feed them. And the old Mossberg 152's with the fold down front pistol grip are just real retro, and a lotta fun.

Just remember that old guns need love too- check out the used market- you might get 2 for the price of one if yer lucky!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.