I took the marlin 60 that I acquired a week ago to the range to see how it shoots. I filled the tube, released the bolt and fired my first shot. It was about 6 inches low right and failed to cycle. I manipulated the second round out of the ramp and tried again with the same results. OK the $50 I paid for this gun that looked almost new was not such a good deal. I packed up and went home cussing under my breath all the way. I googled marlin 60 breakdown and watched 3 you tubes on it. When I removed the barrel and action from the stock I couldnt believe what I saw. first the little dimple nut that holds the trigger gard screw was stuck up in the action, there were several pieces of what looked like gravel but was putty in there also. It turned out who ever had it apart last used galzing putty to replace the nut that was stuck in the action. There was so much black residue coating everying that you couldnt begin to see the individual components. My next move probably rivaled that of the glazier that owned it previously, I took it to the kitchen sink and poured dish soap all over it then attacked it with a tooth brush. I wasn't being gentle and dislodged a tiny hairpin type spring. OK now considering selling the individual parts. Stubborn as I am I went back to an exploded (NO PUN INTENDED)view on Google and found where it belonged. Using 3 pairs of hemostats, small vice grips and a screwdriver I managed to manipulate it back into position. Not knowing the only thing that held this assembly together was the residue I so unmeticulously removed. While trying to reassemble the mechanism with the receiver I heard something bounce off the ceiling. I found a small piece on the floor, Back to Google. Discovering the small piece I found on the floor held in a spring. The cussing begins again. thoughts of the gunsmith come back.After an extensive search I found this spring that equaled that of the coil spring of an F-250. This was a seemingly impossible reinstallation so I put the pieces in a pill bottle and reassembled the barreled action to the stock. Thinking I was going to surrender to a gunsmith. I sat the gun in Front of the TV where it kept telling me what an idiot I am. Then the Scottsman on my other shoulder kept telling me I gave up too easy. I redisassembled and discovered a tiny hole which I assumed was for no other reason but to reinstall the spring. I got a small brad, put the spring and the small piece on the shaft and put the brad through the hole to hold everything in place and the vicegrips to hold the assembly together while I put it in the receiver. The whole ordeal took about three times as long as it did for me to type this with the hunt and peck method. I did learn a lot for the next time I have to clean this thing. Get a giant bag and work inside of it. Don't assume anything. Be gentle. I not only got the gun or $50 but also a gunsmithing lesson.