Marlin 50

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by waddriver, Aug 18, 2010.

1. waddriver

waddriver New Member

I found an old Marlin Firearms model 50 .22 in my late Grandfathers garage. As this is the first rifle I've had, I not sure about something. It has no sights in place except for the pip on the barrel. Numrich sold me the semi-buckhorn w/ elevator that should be mounted. No instructions, of course. Anyway, my question is... which way does the elevator go in. Tried it both ways and it doesn't seem to be very secure. Any help would be appreciated. Nearest gunsmith is about 120 miles.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

First off, welcome to the forum. When you have an oppurtunity, stop by the "Introductions" section.

Normally, the "elevator" will be set that as the "elevator" is moved towards the muzzle, the sight will raise. Numrich may have a schematic. Check out their website.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Agree. Dovetail of the rear sight to the front, sight notch to the rear, insert elevator so that shoving forward raises the sight notch. Numrich has SOMEWHAT of a schematic- not much.

4. waddriver

waddriver New Member

Thank you for the response. Of course, that would make sense. I agree with your sentiments on the Colt.

5. waddriver

waddriver New Member

Thanks, makes perfect sense to me. Shall install and sight in this weekend. Great movie and perfect timing for that legendary quote.

6. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

If loose, and by that I mean won't stay in place, a little blue loctite will work wonders.

I actually prefer the Numrich - Marlin 25MN target rear sight, although not cannon, it has a setscrew that holds it in place, and you adjust via other screws when needed.