Marlin 39A

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by SteveO11, Mar 30, 2011.

1. SteveO11

SteveO11 New Member

Does anyone know what has happened to this 22? I have been trying to buy one for some time now and can't find a new one anywhere. Are they going to stop making it or are they going through a change? Some dealers have told me Remington would never change the design, but others have said since the new 2011 models have not shown up yet there may be a change on the way???

2. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

My understanding is that they were moving the production line between plants and there was going to be a several month gap in production. My local dealer has one with a price tag of $619 on it.

3. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

39s are all made in a single run each year. When they run out it can be a while before they turn up again.

I have two already, but if I was in the market for another it would be a used one from GB.

4. PX15

PX15 New Member

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Cool looking sights.

I have a postwar 39A Golden Mountie carbine with a straight stock, and an early 90's 39A/S rifle. The rifle has a set of XS Ghost ring sights (mine are original Ashley's), but I may change them back to some Marble's brass bead.