Marlin 30/30 Deluxe Trigger.

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by PowderBurnBassist, Aug 28, 2011.

1. PowderBurnBassist

PowderBurnBassist New Member

The trigger on my Marlin Deluxe is loose. It rattles quite a bit. Is there anything I should be worried about as far as the performance of the weapon untill I can get it repaired? Would it be dangerous to keep using it untill its fixed? Any input is thanked.

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

The trigger should not rattle on your Marlin. It's possible the trigger or spring is broke. I'd not shoot it until fixed because you might have a ad/nd (accidental discharge/negligent discharge).

3. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

PBB,

I agree with Stalkingbear!
    I have never seen a loose Marlin Trigger! You have a serious problem that probably is an easy fix. Get it to an armorer or send her in. Best be safe than sorry!

4. PowderBurnBassist

It cocks and the hammer is responsive to the trigger but I guess you're right. I don't want to have the thing blow up in my face or permanently destroy my weapon.

5. moonpie

moonpie New Member

doubt that happening but any thing ahead of the front sight could be in for a world of hurt.

6. PowderBurnBassist

Yes, sir. Not a good thing.

7. Mossyoakman3006

Mossyoakman3006 New Member

Mine is the same way it rattles all over the place I never gave it much thought, mine is about 5 years old and I have put hundereds of rounds through it. I carry it in the woods every season never had a problem guess I should give marlin a call.