Marlin 25N Range Results

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by priell3, May 19, 2014.

1. priell3

priell3 New Member

I spent some time Saturday fine tuning my 25N. The red circle is 1" in diameter. I think I'm going to try the trigger mod next.

[​IMG]

2. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Marlin 25, bushnell sportview 4x, 8x10 steel, 150 yards, winchester bulk 555 hollowpoint. My brother, sister in law, and daughter all had one first round hit each. Sil's only shot barely hit the bottom center, it might not be visible in the pic, and barely rang the steel. Niece hit it on the third shot. I had 5/5, and the one high shot is a velocitur.

Attached Files:

3. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Got the $25 trigger job done, its money well spent. Pull weight went from over 8lbs to a hair under 3lbs. I haven't had time to put holes in paper to see the accuracy difference. Two groundhogs did meet their maker yesterday though.

Priell: your groups are better than mine, I'm good for 1.5-1.75 at 65 yards, my zero.

Cmon, people! There has got to be other members here with this model. Its sitting in the safe now, feeling lonely and neglected, wishing it saw the action the .17hmr is getting. Its hungry, feed it.