Marlin 2000

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by grumpee, Apr 26, 2012.

1. grumpee

grumpee New Member

Anyone know where to get accessories ? I want to get my son into target shooting here in northern Nevada. Once I find the ammo the gun likes do I start weighting the rounds & checking the rim thickness? Also anyone know a club for smallbore shooting.

2. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

As they were a limited production run for Olympic Biathelons & other sharpshooters, stuff is hard to find...
    made from 1991-1995, then the A model & L model came between 1995 & 2001?.

They are the same action as a Marlin 925, but with better trigger, and definitely the best peep sight you could get back then.

There was a Summer Biathalon Kit which you could purchase back then...now if you find one NOT already in a gun, price is HIGH...
    However, all is not lost, you can piece together the Biathelon kit by using other Marlin bolt-action parts...
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=3986

The stock rail, however, has to be machined if you can't find one on an auction site...there's a thread on that at RFC.

Come to think of it, I did a huge thread or two on the 2000 series awhile back at RFC...
    I'm still wanting one for myself...but $$ ain't happening for another year or two...lol

3. grumpee

grumpee New Member

Keep looking I just picked up my 2000 w/Biathlon kit, 2 mags, target sights& front handrest for $600.00

4. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

and you can use 25N/880/980/xt22 mags once you get the magwell parts installed :)

5. grumpee

grumpee New Member

Thanks for all the help.

6. grumpee

grumpee New Member

What globe sight inserts does the marlin 2000. I don't see any markings on the front sight.