Mark Kelly (Gabby Gifford's husband) bought an AR-15

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JAD, Mar 10, 2013.

1. JAD

JAD New Member

Kelly on Facebook
    The problem is his hypocrisy.. He just got done testifying about how these guns and mags should be outlawed, and no one needs this much firepower, etc.. "Fine for me, but not for thee"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/03/09/Gabby-Giffords-Husband-Buys-AR-15-Announces-He-s-Not-Keeping-It-After-News-Leaks-Out

2. opaww

opaww New Member

F_ck him and his twin for jim brady wife

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

So he bought it to donate it to the police department? I sure hope he indicated the intended recipient on the transaction record.

4. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I don't get it. He bought a 45 for himself, but he's all panty-twisted about an AR? Is it possible to be pro-gun & gun-retarted at the same time?

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Hopefully the owner of the shop knows how to run a business and the wasted AR will fund the next two that will go to good homes. The guys idiocy just cost him several hundred dollars and guaranteed further gun sales.

6. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Not to cut him too much of a break but the guy was pro gun even after his wife was shot, OK. Gotta give him props for that. It was apparently the drumbeating of the party of the Left and Sandy Hook that pushed him into the dark side. He's not a hypocrit (recognizing an AR isn't a .45) either -- maybe the OP and other poster missed it: this was a gun buy-back program of one sponsored by a former, conservative, astronaut. Yeah, I see the irony in that his wife was shot with a handgun.

It does all show the disjointed mindset of the radical though -- even a background check wasn't good enough for him! There is an expression: a liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet. Maybe a conservative is a liberal whose Congresswoman wife hasn't been shot in head? I'm just sayin'...

7. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

His wife was shot with a handgun. He goes into the LGS and purchases a 1911 and an AR, then after the fact, says he was buying the AR to prove a point and is donating it to the Po Po, but he is keeping the handgun.....

8. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

I saw this.
    Anti Gun.
    Pro Gun.
    ?
    Good Gun
    Bad Gun.
    ?
    Would like to ask him what he was trying to prove.

9. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

10. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

hypocrite...yeah but it sounds like he intended to buy the AR and give to the police to show how easy it was to get a used one and possibly as some absurd attempt to prevent some one else from getting it that in a one in a million chance would have bad intentions planned with it.

thats like buying a case of beer and a used car to help prevent drunk driving.

i'm beginning to wonder who has more brain damage, him or his wife?

11. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Uhhhh, maybe brain damage is catchy. I'm going to send him my address of my LGS and he can feel free to donate one to me, also. I would never do anything nefarious with it.

And Mack, if you feel like it, you can send the beer and the car my way, too.:D

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I do not think it was any drum beat or higher calling that pushed this "formerly" honorable ASS HAT into backing gun control.

Like the old saying goes... FOLLOW THE MONEY!

As the director of a Political Action Commitee, I believe he gets to set his salary wherever he wants it.

This trash is profiting from the miss fortune of his permanently disabled wife. Her shooting was a tragedy... His actions are a travesty.

Dispicable human behavior driven by greed... and nothing else.

Tack

13. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

You don't have to sugar coat it.

14. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Haha... I never do... ;)

15. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I think the brutal assault his wife was subjected to could have been prevented or mitigated with proper police protection, but hindsight's always 20/20.

If you are a politician, whether you are an absolute saint or the worst type of filth that the beltway can spit out, you are a target for anyone who wants their name in the papers or someone who is trying to make a political statement.

I think it's silly to purchase something you think you shouldn't have, but it's hard to know what's going on inside his head and we're not in his shoes.

I've observed three basic responses to the aftermath of an assault:

1. After having been attacked, the person realizes that the threat is real, can happen again and at any time, and then proceeds to prepare for the next attempted assault on them.

2. After having been attacked, the person is so distraught that they were attacked that they can't function in any normal sense and remain in a state of destructive self-doubt/self-pity.

3. After having been attacked, the person thinks the attack is somehow his or her fault and ever after attempts to run away from problems big and small for fear of another attack.

I think Rep. Giffords' husband is taking response #1 off on a mis-guided tangent that won't ultimately increase his wife's "safety".

16. JWagner

JWagner New Member

As stated earlier, his filling out of the 4473 was questionable if his intent was to give away the AR. At this time Police departments are free to destroy the guns taken in buybacks. A new law is working its way through the system to require ALL guns taken in by police to be sold to legal dealers, not just the ones seized. Mark is well on the way to a political career, but I will not vote for him. The local sentiment is that Gabby should be unhappy with his antics. She was a gun owner and is probably not too happy with this situation.

17. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Hypocrite.... definition see below-

Not the first; http://www.nydailynews.com/archives...les-control-backer-son-rifle-article-1.477603
    ..and; [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4j_9EJAA8E[/ame]
    ..won't be the last. BTW... you all do know that the 'honorable" Senator Feinstein had a conceal carry permit for both California and Washington DC... but she has private security to take care of that now. Wonder who pays for that.. hmmmm?

18. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

That's some pretty harsh sentiment. There but for the grace of God, goes Tackleberry.

19. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Wow, that's crazy. I always figured Bill for a complete party hack but apparently he does have some common sense when it comes to using the same tools that will be used against him by criminals.