Mark III Hunter Sight

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by ArtN, Oct 18, 2010.

1. ArtN

ArtN New Member

Hi, I have a Mark III hunter pistol and all of a sudden my front sight
    has become loose. I tighten the screw and after a mag or two, the sight becomes loose again. How can I correct this problem? Is it that I need to replace the screw or apply some sort of fastener tighter?

2. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

I had the same problem, not even loc-tite on the screws managed to fix it. I ended up sending it back to Ruger, and they replaced the whole sight. Works fine now. I'm betting that there was a batch of sight screws that got made out of a different alloy, and they expand when they get hot from shooting.

Ruger customer service is great, just give them a call and they'll mail you a shipping label so you can send the gun to them for free, expect it back in 10-14 days, tops.

3. ArtN

ArtN New Member

Mark III

Hi, Mr. Bluesky, thank you very much for the information.

ArtN

4. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I would try degreasing and applying red Loctite before sending it back to the factory.

5. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Why do I have this feeling of Déjà vu?

6. ArtN

ArtN New Member

Mark III sight screw

Hi, Stakingbear, I did call the factory today and that is exactly what they told to do, word for work...thanks

7. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Ah. yeah, I kinda glossed over this in my post. Loc-tite didn't work for me, but I wish you luck. If it's a no-go, customer service will definitely take care of you.