Marine with concealed carry permit stops man from beating woman

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by twistted, Mar 13, 2013.

1. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

God bless Charlie Blackmore!!

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

just heard that on the radio!!

i still think he shoulda found a empty field to discharge a double barrel shotgun then the guy woulda been scared and the woman should peed on herself and vomited on the stalker. what the hell was she thinking!!

3. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Let me add this:

I pray that if any of my loved ones is ever in a compromised situation like the victim was here, that a man/woman like C. Blackmore will come to their aid.

Gun or no gun, it takes courage and caring to do what he did.

And yes, I'm glad he was armed, which may have saved him some punishment by the @$$hole.

4. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

Did I read that right? Did I see that the police chief said he doesn't encourage that type of behavior? What type of behavior does he want from his citizens? To all be victims? Mr. Blackmore is a hero in my book. God bless him.

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Sounds like this Police Cheif is more interested in his budget than his citizens... of course he want's more vicitims... more victims = more money = more officers.

What's a few more dead taxpayers when the survivors roll over and increase your power!

Way too go Marine... You've honor on a level Chief Ass Hat could not comprehend.

Tack

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

West allis chief of police is virulantly anti second ammendment he was parroting flynn when ccw started here. "If you have a gun my officers will take you out." He is all about making sure victims stay victims.

Two years ago mayor tom barret of milwaukee anti gun zealot confronted a guy beating up a female, told him tonstop and got his head bashed and hand broken by the goblin using a pipe on him.

So what works better in your book?? just talking it out or the presence of a firearm??

7. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

That is a common attitude in police administrators. I stopped a guy from beating and kicking a woman at an Indianapolis shopping mall, by punching his lights out one day, before I got a permit and started carrying. I was told that it was stupid for me to do that, giving excuses like "you could have been shot", etc. I guess they want us regular citizens to just call 911, then stand there and watch for 45 minutes until the cops show up, write up their report, and call the coroner.
    Sorry boys, I won't do that.

8. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

I'll take the firearm. Ain't much for my head being bashed in with a pipe.

9. Buskowski

Buskowski New Member

Don't encourage this behavior? So just stand there and watch a woman get the life beat out of her because that's a better alternative? What the heck is wrong with some people in this country? I'll defend myself and my fellow man to my death. Or woman in this case.

10. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't have any sympathy for habitually battered women who stay in a violent relationship. But that wasn't the case here. If you can help, help. Law enforcement investigates crimes after the fact. Sure, call them. But help if you can.

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

the west allis chief doesnt seem to have a problem with a goblin beating the crap out of a defenseless woman but he sure doesnt want another citizen getting involved...

police chiefs like this one and that clown flynn next door milwaukee should never be allowed to work in a policing environment after espousing this crap.

12. Charley Blackmore did exactly the right thing. I would like to think it is exactly what I would have done, and will do should the circumstance occur.

The "... don't encourage ..." part is a general statement. The statement and sentiment comes from the suspicion that the general public is not trained to handle such matters on a physical level. That suspicion may or may not be true in any given instance. Mr. Blackmore is a Marine - an honor I share, by the way - but Marine training is not the same as police training. For instance, 'rules of engagement - shooting' are not identical.

At this point, I'll restate my original comment. Mr. Beckmore did exactly the right thing: Minimal force to accomplish an arrest.

I don't know if the chief of police is anti-gun or not. (If he is, he's sadly ignorant of reality.) However, he really cannot say something like "Everyone get a gun and pretend you are all cops." Note that the chief did not condemn the actions of Mr. Blackmore. Nor does it appear Mr. Blackmore is under any threat of charges or further action.

One also has to salute the officer involved in the action. That officer reacted to the situation (an unidentified - at that point - man holding another man at gunpoint) with calm and good judgement. That's a good officer with good skills.

13. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This:

In the late 70s a friend intervened when he saw a scumbag beating on a lady with a shotgun in the driveway to his motel. Dabney told the scumbag to stop beating the lady, the scumbag pointed the shotgun at Dabney and was DRT-shot with a Marlin .35 Remington rifle.

The scumbag has a long record of beating on his wife. The beatings stopped that day.

14. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Now that's a definition of hero: Charlie Blackmore.

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

(Im not aiming this at you but at the topic you bring up of police chiefs with this blanket statement they use and why its destructive.)

Police should never discourage citizens from intervening in a situation where no police are present. The average joe/jane are almost always first responders and frequently save lives of other citizens and police officers themselves.

Most people and im speaking of the overwhelming vast majority will do the right thing in such situations. Fearing someone at some point in the distant future MIGHT make a mistake is what has led us to an over bloated federal government dictating womb to tomb living conditions that have served only to make us less secure less safe and less free.

When a society ascribes to the illformed belief only a government entity has the decision making ability to act to save another person is the moment that it is no longer a free society.

This doesnt mean we are all going to run around being police, it means i have faith in my fellow citizen to do the right thing if they intervene

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  16. JonM

JonM Moderator

blackmore did an interview on local talk radio this morning. wisn 1130am and he retold his story with more details.

what he said was he stopped his car got out and the goblin saw him do that and started to step away pretending he didnt do nuttin' when blackmore asked what was going on the goblin stopped and started toward him thats when he drew his gun, with an empty chamber... he is just damn lucky he didnt need to use a non-operable firearm!!

the gun was an xdm 9mm.

the west allis officers he said were exceptionally grateful and thankful for stopping and rendering aid. the police did not take his firearm. once the police showed up he holstered his gun and put his hands up until the police confirmed his identity.

17. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

i REALLY wish the woman who was attacked would make an effort to PUBLICLY thank this man for coming to her aid.

18. RUG3R44

RUG3R44 New Member

Amen!!!!!!!!!

19. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter