marinco SKS with scope and bayonet

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by tomh388, Jun 24, 2011.

1. tomh388

tomh388 New Member

A pawn shop near me has a very good condition norinco SKS with a scope and bayonet for $400. Is that a good price?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Meh....... actually,a bit high.

Go over to Gunbroker- you will need to register with them- search CLOSED last 90 day actions- they have some unissued Norinco SKS rifles for less than that. However, prices there require additional money for shipping, and a transfer fee to your local- so keep that in mind.

Try cash- folding money- see what they say to less. Worst case- they will call you a cheapskate, pelt you with old doughnuts, turn the dogs on you, run you out of the shop. In which case, you got doughnuts.

3. bigedp51

bigedp51 New Member

How is the scope mounted, Norinco made a SKS called the"Cowboy Companion" That came with a built in scope base and mount and it would be worth a lot more.

Please note date of posting and prices would have gone up.

"Cowboy Companion" Chinese SKS -- What is it worth?

4. tomh388

tomh388 New Member

I'm not sure I'm going to ride to the place tomorrow to get more info. how much are transfer fees to gun stores?

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Tom- transfer fees depend on where you are, what the dealer wants to charge. On gunbroker.com there is a "find a ffl" function- put in your zip code, list of dealers that have registered as being willing to recieve a gun for transfer are lsited there. Many have their fees posted. Have seen as low as $10, as high as $100.