Marijuana and gun ownership laws

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JWagner, Nov 27, 2013.

1. JWagner

JWagner New Member

2. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

support 100%. if you can buy alcohol and guns, you SHOULD be able to buy weed and guns, especially if its medically prescribed.

but I feel many (not all) 2nd supporters will chime in here and talk about how they support some freedoms, but not others (like the freedom for adults to enjoy drugs that grow from god's green earth)..

weed has never been any worse than alcohol or tobacco. its all propaganda fed to us as kids. what is amazing is how many people still buy into it.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

Sounds good to me; how many people on this forum take prescription pain killers with MUCH more impact on judgment and motor skills than cannabis.

I do think the better way to handle the issue would be for the feds to cede most of their failed "drug war" to the states and deschedule marijuana/cannabis.

4. vincent

vincent New Member

Dave's not here man...:p

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I like it.

Attached Files:

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Shouldn't they be snacking also?
    ;)

7. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

Haha. Nice.

8. FernandoTheCommando

First comes sex, then comes snacks haha.

9. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Until Federal Law is changed , Marijuana is a deal breaker for legal gun ownership in all states plain and simple. So it all comes down to how important the 2A is to the individual.

10. hawkguy

you are 100% right but......bahahahahaha! :p

they will have about as much luck taking guns away form people who may use weed occasionally as they would prosecuting everyone who copies the occasional music or movies w/o paying for it....can we say unenforceable? ;)

unenforceable, unreasonable, unrealistic, ineffective, unnecessary, unwarranted....so many words to describe america's sad pathetic attempts to make criminals out of people who prefer one type of high over another....:rolleyes:

legalize it! regulate it! tax it! watch the profits and job markets boom....and then maybe we can also have space in our prisons for the REAL criminals.

11. hawkguy

yeah...exactly....seems too....sexy? i think having the cannibus lovers at the drive thru of kfc might have been more realistic....? :)

12. FernandoTheCommando

The mashed potato bowl is where it's at.

13. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Or if she's real fun, both at the same time. :)

14. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

Santiago and Dunbar give Colorado congressman Jared Polis two thumbs up. Not allowing users of medical marijuana to own firearms is stupid, but that's never stopped the government before has it.

15. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

As long as they don't smoke weed and handle guns at the same time, then I don't have a problem with it. Same with alcohol.

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Which is exactly why federal law needs to be changed. That having been said it is not a "deal breaker" in any way, shape or form. Form 4473 asks "e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?"

A "no" response to this question is all it takes, regardless of the fact that giving a false answer on the form is illegal. They may as well also ask if you are an alcoholic and probably 100% of alcoholics would answer "No" as well.

I guess what it all really comes down to is whether the individual is willing to lie on question e. on 4473.

17. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

If that's the actual question word for word, then how is it lying?

"e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?"

It wouldn't actually be illegal in that state since it was legalized. As for whether or not it's addictive, that's debatable. Technically, alcohol can be addictive (as you said in your post). Does this mean everyone who drinks at all is lying on that form? I think not.

18. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

As I have said in another thread along these lines, if it were federally legal, I would already have a script. What this Senator is trying to do is the next best thing. I see no reason at all that an individual who is using Marijuana prescribed by their doctor for medicinal reasons should not be allowed to own a firearm. For that matter i don't see why recreational use is not legal at this point. the original purpose of the MJ laws was to get the southwestern border states to sign off on the drug laws so they could be used as a means of deporting Mexicans who are in this country illegally. That's right folks, drug laws were racially motivated.

The other side of legalization is something I saw first hand while in CA 2 years ago. The quality will improve, and the need to "enhance" MJ with other drugs will vanish over time, as better, more potent strains are developed. Some of the strains available in states that have legalized give the used no feeling of being "high" at all. Why should these folks be denied their 2A rights when they suffer none of the side affects that so many associate with the drug? Makes no sense to me.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  19. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

All marijuana use is illegal under Federal law, so all use would be illegal by default.

As to addiction many people can use highly addictive substances without becoming addicted. Others will become addicted at their first exposure. That having been said, most people who are truly addicted are in denial about it. Case in point, my (ex) wife would say that I am an alcoholic, but I have had no trouble at all in stopping drinking and had no ill effects whatsoever when I did stop, and since I have moved out of the house I have had a beer or two, but only one at any particular day. I can literally take it or leave it.

I know many people who will have a toke every once in awhile, but are not regular users. I have one good friend who is a regular pot user, but he has stopped without any problems for weeks or months on end when he travels because of the hassle to bring it with you anywhere.

I also know some people who are perpetually stoned and can't live without it. These people are addicted.

20. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Bingo!

Personally not a fan of getting high on anything but the war on drugs was sold under false premise... It's actually a Government WAR on CITIZENS.

...and I've zero pity for the armed thugs who fall victim to it regardless of which side they are on.

Bunch of MORONS shooting at MORONS if you ask me. :mad:

Legalize it and stop wasting lives and money.

Tack