Firearms Talk banner

221 - 240 of 263 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,528 Posts
Right, but wrong Manta.
The vaccine helps prevent someone from getting it, and spreading it, yes. However, if the virus is still out there, even with a theoretical 100% herd immunity, it is still in the process of running it's course.
All a vaccine does is shorten that course, ending it earlier.
We can go round in circles, my reply was to the bellow, it read to me that there is no point in doing anything as the virus will do its thing. People can view it whatever way they want.

JimRau We humans are just another 'bug' on this planet but we think we can CONTROL everything on the planet, which is laughable!!! This virus will, like all of them have, run it course NO MATTER WHAT WE DO.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Jim is stating that we probably have little control because the virus is in every country on the planet mutating constantly. The vaccine although created very quickly must be administered to the bulk of the worlds population before the virus spreads to the bulk of the worlds population. Hopefully it will mutate to a less harmful strain because the Vaccination process will take a long time. Thus it will run its course.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
The only verifiable way to know if seasonal flu shots really stop the spread of flu would be to skip them for a year and compare to previous years. This in no way means I am anti vaccine it simply means I am suspicious as to how effective they are on seasonal flu.

·
Registered
526 Posts
You too missed the point.:rolleyes: I support 1000% what any individual feel they NEED to do to prevent the virus and stay safe. I am an old fart and have MANY friends who are in total lock down, and with good reason, but I DO NOT support the guberment FORCING this stuff on any of us and totally ruining this country in the process.:mad: And NONE of these restrictive policies that are being 'forced' on us will stop the virus from running it's course.
So, Jim, if you support what any individual feels that they need to do, I would ask that you also respect them, and do what you should do, to support them.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
We can go round in circles, my reply was to the bellow, it read to me that there is no point in doing anything as the virus will do its thing. People can view it whatever way they want.
I fully agree Manta.

But, it is still true that, even if vaccination shortens it, the virus is still going to run it's course. Yes, we can shorten that course, but it still has that beginning and end, altered by our intervention.

And as with MRSA, our intervention can also alter that course, in a detrimental manner, by speeding up the adaptation of siad virus, to counter our attempts at ending it.

Make sense?

·
Banned
5,552 Posts
Well one result of his " mandatory mask orders" is that our little dandy Andy is about to have most of his emergency powers stipped away and hes very likely to be impeached and removed from office.
Cant happen fast enough.

Ill also predict old Mitchie poo has no plan to run for office again as he knowingly committed political suicide today.

·
Premium Member
7,528 Posts
I fully agree Manta.

But, it is still true that, even if vaccination shortens it, the virus is still going to run it's course. Yes, we can shorten that course, but it still has that beginning and end, altered by our intervention.

And as with MRSA, our intervention can also alter that course, in a detrimental manner, by speeding up the adaptation of siad virus, to counter our attempts at ending it.

Make sense?
As i said it depends on you definition of run its course, if you intervene with a vaccine etc then i would say it has not being allowed to run its course.

RUN ITS COURSE | meaning in the Cambridge English ...
run its course
develop and finish naturally:

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Definitions do not exactly describe this perticular virus because initially it was never going to come here and then it won’t help to wear masks and then massive shutdowns were the only way to slow the curve . Now you are probably going to be asked to shutdown again till the vaccines are fully delivered. Again the virus will run its course and we will have no say in the results. The pharmaceutical companies will claim victory and the evil President of USA will be gone so mission accomplished.

·
Premium Member
7,528 Posts
Definitions do not exactly describe this perticular virus because initially it was never going to come here and then it won’t help to wear masks and then massive shutdowns were the only way to slow the curve . Now you are probably going to be asked to shutdown again till the vaccines are fully delivered. Again the virus will run its course and we will have no say in the results. The pharmaceutical companies will claim victory and the evil President of USA will be gone so mission accomplished.
I see it was all a cunning plan world wide to bring down Trump. Trump brought himself down and just kept on digging, he did not need help from anyone. Masks are one thing in list of things to try and save lives, my thinking if it helps good.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
We're already seeing new strains, one in Ohio, and one in the UK. UK, at least where Tac Floet is, went into a new lock down, last month.

On the conspiracy, I have my doubts. Simply because the virus is going to have an effect on the next guy holding the office. Remember that many of the people voting for him, believed that he could stop it, and are about to learn the hard way, that that's not how it works.

And at that point, it will be his fault, in their eyes.

Said it in several posts. The only ones that won this election, are the ones that lost it.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I see it was all a cunning plan world wide to bring down Trump. Trump brought himself down and just kept on digging, he did not need help from anyone. Masks are one thing in list of things to try and save lives, my thinking if it helps good.
No Manta. He had help. Frankly put, the media making it front page news, every time he blew his nose, and writing it like he sprayed blood out of it, on half of Congress, and all the kittens at the ASPCA.

Granted, his rants on Twitter didn't help, but when every story out there is overblown, and repeated on the 24\7 news cycle, even if it's just a hangnail, with little to no context as to why he was replying, to what, that does change the way the voting public will see him.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
There is no way anyone can convince me that 90% of US media spent most of their time bashing Trumps handling of the pandemic. Also the little helpers within the swamp like Dr Anthony Fauchi did his best to screw the President and if you did not see that you were not really watching.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
There is no way anyone can convince me that 90% of US media spent most of their time bashing Trumps handling of the pandemic. Also the little helpers within the swamp like Dr Anthony Fauchi did his best to screw the President and if you did not see that you were not really watching.
Bear the following in mind.

If you purchase a VPN, you can yse servers outside of your home country. You should try that, and look up things you know the stated fact and truth on, here in the US, It's an eye opener.

Look up an American event, on a UK server, you will see that there are certain things censored there, that are not here, and vice versa. Not as bad as in several Asian nations, but what they are told does vary from here. And it's more than just news.

Using a US server, on a basic Youtube search for Don Henley's Greatest Hits album, Actual Miles, only 2 of the 14 songs are allowed to play, here in the US.

Hit a server in London, noe play. One in Dublin, the whole album opens up. Same thing with Hulu and Netflix. People in NI won't get certain movies and programs on that platform, that we do here, and they get programs some of us here, would kill for.Point is, the government limits what you can see, where you live, controlling access to certain information they deem illegal, or dangerous. Add to this the political lean of a network, and you end up with the following:

Actual event. Trump motorcade stops at buning house, and he and 5 Secret Service agents, save family.

Fox, here in te US, reports actual story, mentions that, sadly, the family dog died in the fire.

CNN reports is close, states Trump stood back and watched, heroic agents, saving family, but not the dog.

BBC gets it, and it becomes Trump sat in limo, while agents risked their lives, saving family, and ordered them not to save the dog, because he hates dogs.

Meanwhile, the guy reading it in London, can't check the accuracy, because Parliment restricts his access to FOX, and limits it to CNN. Same restriction on printed media as well.

So Manta is working with the information given to him, that likely does not match our information, and has come with a skew, from certain US sources, as his part of the UK, though having more liberal firearm laws, certainly censors the news more, as a result of the conflicts there, with the IRA, over the years.

Manta, if I'm off base on this, please feel free to correct me. It's just my observation from across the pond, using a VPN, so some of that could be wrong.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Bear the following in mind.

If you purchase a VPN, you can yse servers outside of your home country. You should try that, and look up things you know the stated fact and truth on, here in the US, It's an eye opener.

Look up an American event, on a UK server, you will see that there are certain things censored there, that are not here, and vice versa. Not as bad as in several Asian nations, but what they are told does vary from here. And it's more than just news.

Using a US server, on a basic Youtube search for Don Henley's Greatest Hits album, Actual Miles, only 2 of the 14 songs are allowed to play, here in the US.

Hit a server in London, noe play. One in Dublin, the whole album opens up. Same thing with Hulu and Netflix. People in NI won't get certain movies and programs on that platform, that we do here, and they get programs some of us here, would kill for.Point is, the government limits what you can see, where you live, controlling access to certain information they deem illegal, or dangerous. Add to this the political lean of a network, and you end up with the following:

Actual event. Trump motorcade stops at buning house, and he and 5 Secret Service agents, save family.

Fox, here in te US, reports actual story, mentions that, sadly, the family dog died in the fire.

CNN reports is close, states Trump stood back and watched, heroic agents, saving family, but not the dog.

BBC gets it, and it becomes Trump sat in limo, while agents risked their lives, saving family, and ordered them not to save the dog, because he hates dogs.

Meanwhile, the guy reading it in London, can't check the accuracy, because Parliment restricts his access to FOX, and limits it to CNN. Same restriction on printed media as well.

So Manta is working with the information given to him, that likely does not match our information, and has come with a skew, from certain US sources, as his part of the UK, though having more liberal firearm laws, certainly censors the news more, as a result of the conflicts there, with the IRA, over the years.

Manta, if I'm off base on this, please feel free to correct me. It's just my observation from across the pond, using a VPN, so some of that could be wrong.
Put your tin foil hat away now, and take a deep breath:)

·
Registered
526 Posts
No Manta. He had help. Frankly put, the media making it front page news, every time he blew his nose, and writing it like he sprayed blood out of it, on half of Congress, and all the kittens at the ASPCA.

Granted, his rants on Twitter didn't help, but when every story out there is overblown, and repeated on the 24\7 news cycle, even if it's just a hangnail, with little to no context as to why he was replying, to what, that does change the way the voting public will see him.
He had a lot of help, with his enablers, and Fox News to echo his lies. Then there was Twitter, and all his crazy thoughts out there for the world to see. So, then the media reports facts, and points out his flaws, and then its all the Media's fault, and its all fake news, and the main stream media cause they are just out to get our messiah.

·
Premium Member
7,757 Posts
It depends on your definition of running its course. It would run its course if you did nothing, a vaccine is disrupting it running its course.
The guberments over reaction has KILLED more people than the virus would have if we had simply used some common scene and allowed the PEOPLE to deal with it. If the guberment had simply TRUSTED us and given us REAL truthful info about the virus and allowed us to make our own decisions and did their part on the vaccine we could have handled this MUCH BETTER!!!

·
Premium Member
7,757 Posts
So, Jim, if you support what any individual feels that they need to do, I would ask that you also respect them, and do what you should do, to support them.
I do. I have spoken out about this total over reaction which is worse than the virus and helped all of those in my circle to deal with it. The guberment needs to BACK OFF and get out of our lives and allow THE PEOLE to deal with this.

Reactions: G66enigma

·
Premium Member
7,528 Posts
The guberments over reaction has KILLED more people than the virus would have if we had simply used some common scene and allowed the PEOPLE to deal with it. If the guberment had simply TRUSTED us and given us REAL truthful info about the virus and allowed us to make our own decisions and did their part on the vaccine we could have handled this MUCH BETTER!!!
Yes if Trump had not down played and lied about the dangers of the virus, and told the people the truth. That would have given them a better understanding to base their decision on regarding, mask, social distancing etc.

President Donald Trump admitted he knew weeks before the first confirmed US coronavirus death that the virus was dangerous, airborne, highly contagious and "more deadly than even your strenuous flus.

·
Premium Member
7,757 Posts
Yes if Trump had not down played and lied about the dangers of the virus, and told the people the truth. That would have given them a better understanding to base their decision on regarding, mask, social distancing etc.
Do you need some more Kool aide or do you have a good supply????:rolleyes: The governor's of the states are the ones who are to blame for the over reaction and shut downs. You must be one of those who received (and believed) all that lies and misinformation about this virus, at least that would appear to be the case according to your posts here..:confused:

221 - 240 of 263 Posts