Managed to get a new toy on layaway.

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Tidalforce79, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Tidalforce79

Tidalforce79 New Member

Went to the local gun store, they had a Colt 1911A1 service model, made in 27, with the clip matching the serial number, great shape, for 999. Seems a little high, but, on layaway its not bad, and its my dream gun, so it's worth it to me.

TJ

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Congrats, when it comes down to it, that's all that matters! :cool:

3. hillmillenia

hillmillenia New Member

Hell a thousand bucks don't sound bad for an original depending on condition...you'll have to post pix for our self indulgence...I mean, we have our needs too!:eek:

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Guns are worth different amounts to different people. If you are happy with it that is all that matters.

Congratulations on a fine weapon. :cool:

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. You just bought yourself a fine firearm and a piece of history.

Of course, we will require photos and a range report when you get it home. ;)

6. Tidalforce79

Tidalforce79 New Member

Pics will come in 4 months!

As far as the weapon goes, I shot a Remington Rand Sunday, which is very similar(if not identical), and at 25 yards hit a metal target smaller then the size of a dinner plate 18 times out of 21 shots, after 2 years of having not shot. For me, that's pretty good......back in the days, I could shoot very well, but I got rusty with time, yet that rand felt natural, the trigger pull was perfect for me. I was a good shot with a Delta Elite after tons of practice, but with the rand I was a good shot the first time I fired it. I was impressed, because, I give credit to the gun more then myself.