Man you know its cold when

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by stag556, Jan 6, 2014.

1. stag556

stag556 New Member

2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

It's supposed to only get down to -6 here.

3. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

I got glasses for the first time this summer, I have seen other peoples glasses fog over when they come in from the cold. Mine did this tonight, but they were so cold the fog turned to ice!! :eek:

It was -12 according to my car on the way home from work.

4. KingGlamis

KingGlamis New Member

I feel for you people. It was 67 here in AZ today. It's probably about 50+ right now. I can't imagine living where it gets that cold.

5. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

I sent dad picture of the thermometer showing -10, he sent me back a picture of a cactus!!! Is it wrong to have short term dislike of your father??:D

6. subie-jeep

subie-jeep New Member

-15?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

its warmer than that here now but we've had days that warm up to a high of -15 :p

7. stag556

stag556 New Member

That's perfectly acceptable, unfortunately when my parents retired they went 5 hours north of me, so the only place I have to go visit in the winter is usually colder than where I live. Right now for them it's -22.

8. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I like Southern Arizona. But from mid-March until Nov. I will be way North of there. When it hits 120 degrees it is no place to be. I can stand the cold better than the 100 plus degree nights in Arizona.:D

9. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

I cant deal with this cold weather. Kinda missing the heat.

Attached Files:

10. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

It was -11 here this morning...............

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the low last night here in East Texas where i live was 18 degrees. it is suppose to get down to 13 tonight. but by Wednesday, it's suppose to be back up close to 60 degrees.

still cold i can deal with, but like today, with these 15-20 mph gusts, it's just down right miserable to me.

12. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

When you visit an outhouse, your butt freezes to the toilet seat. True story. From where I grew up.

13. t_humm

t_humm New Member

Were down to -15 with wind chill tonight into tomorrow. Most schools around here called off or are going in late

14. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Where I am it is currently -6 with a 25 MPH wind. Blizzard warning for tomorrow, with wind chills in the area of -30.

15. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

You will be happy to know Andy just declared a state of emergency so everything will be fixed soon!

Dude, I just saw your frozen hat blowing past my home! That puts the wind at about 45 MPH by my calculations! Its a balmy 5 degrees without the wind, with it, bout 25 below zero with it. My pellet stove is burning at a record rate today (bout 80 lbs a day at this moment)! This is way too early for this kinda crap, too much winter left,,,!!!

So Friggin much for the Global Warming, cant count on those libs to do anything right so were gonna have to DIY! I got a couple tanks of R12 Ive been saving for just such an occasion! I'm gonna blow them off later this morning and see if we can warm things up a few degrees!

16. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Okay, so we had +16F.

I had to run pump motors for the pool, cover the plants the wife wants to "save", and warm the car up this morning.

I moved to Florida to get away from the cold, but JonM sent it down to show us what it is like.

17. opaww

opaww New Member

You know it's cold when all the witches put their shirts back on

18. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

OK, just started my truck, Its reallllllllllllly cold kids!

Wug,,,Wug,,Wug Vroom, Whew!:eek:

That was a bit close, good battery but zero degrees, 30 MPH Wind made everything just turns to glue. I could hear the bearings squealing in pain as it cranked lube free for a few seconds...

19. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah! Wait til summer buddy when you can't hold your gun with one hand because it is slippery wet with sweat!

We're having a real heat-wave here. I gotta go put on some sun-tan lotion!

[​IMG]

20. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

....when it's TOO COLD to ice fish (no kidding, the hard core guys up here have stopped because the hole in the ice is re-freezing too quickly)

.....when you inhale through your nose and your nostrils freeze shut (happened to me this morning)

.....when the State of Minnesota calls of school due to dangerous cold (2nd day in a row)

......when your dog looks at you like "are you kidding me?" (and she's a Shetland Sheepdog with more fur than a Duck Commander)