Man With AK-47 Attacks Police

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by alsaqr, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Police in an Ohio town pulled this guy over in early March, 2013. He came out of his car firing an AK-47. He fired 33 rounds before the cops killed him.

The guy starts shooting just after the red truck passes:

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...t-with-middlefield-police-during-traffic-stop

There are a bunch of other links to this incident at the link.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Good reaction on the cops, but their marksmanship sucks. I guess that's understandable, as LEOs don't usually have much experience firing while being shot at in such a rapid rate. For that matter, if that turd had been using the shoulder stock as designed and taking well aimed shots, instead of hip shooting, this could have had an entirely different outcome. Did anyone else seem to hear him screaming "kill me"?

3. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Most peoples marksmanship would suffer if someone was shooting at them with a AK/47.

4. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Geeeeze! tough duty I'd say.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Read the whole post instead of snipping. I covered that.

6. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I heard it... And the officers confirmed it in the article.

Fortunately for the officers, this guy did not appear to be well trained and was more interested in dying than winning.

Glad the Officers made it but the female took a 7.62 x 39 to the hand... Doubt she returns to duty after that.

Tack

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps a description other than "sucks" would have been more accurate and less inflammatory.

8. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

God bless the innocents and their families.

I know there are many other issues covered in this video, but what hit me was the lack of response by the AK wielding man, to the pistol rounds he is obviously absorbing.

According to my count, it took 18 seconds for him to succumb to his injuries from the time of the 1st pistol shot i can distinguish.

That is crazy video!!

9. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

She is back to duty.

10. ScottA

I would be surprised if they hit him with the first shot.

11. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

It always humors me to see others critical of someone elses "marksmanship" in the heat of battle. It takes many firefights for someone to develop a warrior mentality that allows them to act smoothly during an active shooter situation, something i doubt these Ohio Police officers see every day. You cant learn that in training, a video game or on a thread online. It takes real situations to harden you. That 2 inch group you shot a your local range doesnt mean jack when your papertarget sat motionless withno threat to your life. Until you know what it feels like to be underfire, knowing every shot could end your life or the life of a team member and trying to nuetralize a threat with the least amount of casualties on your end, i dont want to hear it from you. The real warriors know that what matters here is that the officers (good guys) were the victors. In real life, its not the number of shots fired, but who goes home and who goes in the ground that matters. It takes time and many battles to be that one shot one kill warrior your video game makes you think you are. And even then many factors come into play. This bad guy had the intent and the upper hand by getting a jump on the officers. He had a plan. They reacted and the outcome was favorable, considering...

Bravo zulu to these officers. To the range warriors out there, your just a bunch of empty words

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Good for her!

Full recovery?

13. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Dear God, do I love the Forum FNG who cryptically touts his "combat chops" by referring to people he knows nothing about as "gamers"...

Rock on Pappa Woody... Your new name is "Combat"... :rolleyes:

Wait for it... Next comes the resume and acronym challenges... :)

Tack

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

Everybody wanna hate without reading...
    And for the record, I don't play games, and I don't hit the range as much as I should. I was speaking from the perspective of a vet who has actually seen combat. Thank you, have a nice day.

15. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

Most of what i was comenting agaist was towards some comments i found while searching other places for this same video. Guess this was an empty field for my reply, i appologize for getting anyone fired up with it, but this is tge only place i subscribe to.

However, that was a hell of a shot you took at me. I didnt nor will i post a single acronym or any piece of my resume. Not really my style. I like that you got offended fast as if i was after you personally, but you were sure to mention your veteran status. Think you even tossed in an acronym yourself. :)

If, however, you do want to swap resumes, grab a chair and pour some scotch and we can get it done propper. An online forum isnt exactly the place for all that. Otherwise, i was simply making a broad statement and hadnt quoted or mentioned anyone.

16. j4454

j4454 New Member

I thought your comments were spot on.

17. j4454

j4454 New Member

There is an amazing thing on my app called edit if your comment needs revision or is coming off in a manner that is not intended. Your wording is inflammatory stand behind it or change it.

18. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Thank you for the insight. Some of us here remembers it quite well.

19. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Personally, I think the LEO's responded well. He had the drop on them, and they had to get out and return fire while he was firing his AK. I also like the fact that after he hit the ground you can see him still taking hits!! I Love that part!!

20. ScottA

It's obvious this discussion is not cooling down. Say goodnight gracie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.