Man Took Knives To Gun Fight, Deputy Shoots Same

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by alsaqr, Jul 15, 2020.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

primer1, PaBushMan, Gatoragn and 3 others like this.
  2. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Good job by the Deputy, looked like she cleared a stoppage in the middle of it.

alsaqr and schnuffleupagus like this.

3. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Ooof.

Far, far too close for a knife-wielding would-be murderer.

Well, he's paying for his stupidity now. Hope he's happy.

Mongo, alsaqr and schnuffleupagus like this.
  4. tac foley

tac foley Well-Known Member

I lost count of how many shot she fired - six, eight? And the BG got WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to close. Four shots to the face would have solved that little problem.

Caveman Jim, ellis36 and alsaqr like this.
  5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Good for the Officer! But I think she could use some marksmanship training regarding accuracy. It seemed she fired a whole lot of rounds before the first one hit him. But she did a great job clearing the malfunction! I was impressed! She is also very lucky because he got way to close on his closing knife attack. I know with adrenalin rushing things do not always work like they do normally. But WHEEEW way to close!;) Glad she survived the attack!:)

alsaqr and Rifling82 like this.
  6. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Wonder if Sleepy Joe has seen this, “should have shot him in the leg”

primer1 and Oldoutlaw like this.
  7. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

If she had shot him in his "third" leg, he would have been down sooner. :D

primer1, mrm14, Mongo and 2 others like this.
  8. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

That's why I train quick draw drills at 21'.

Ghost1958, Sniper03 and G66enigma like this.
  9. SK2344

SK2344 Active Member

I saw this video the other night and she did the right thing because this guy was just plain crazy. The only thing I did not like is that IMO, she kept backing up until he was so very close where he almost got to her with those two knives! It was quite obvious to me that he was not going to stop coming at her but then again he may have wanted to commit suicide by cop! I think she was very lucky to not get cut!

10. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

I was completely surprised that he wasn't fired upon at the point he'd covered less than half that distance. The "look" of his demeanor shows pretty darned clearly he's off-kilter and extremely angry, focused on his target. Probably wasn't hearing a darned thing. Probably wasn't much aware of commands to halt by that point. (All guesses, but that's manifestly one "mindless, focused" person there.)

The officer's lucky. Almost got killed, waiting so long.

alsaqr and Ghost1958 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

She should have shot him sooner. He deserves to be dead right there!

Sniper03 likes this.
  12. OldManMontgomery

OldManMontgomery Active Member

Normal people do not want to kill or seriously injure another person.

That is why cops are reluctant to use deadly force, even when obviously warranted. For all the public nonsense about 'trigger happy' cops, the evidence shows differently.

The last thing one wants is one who enjoys killing. Yet, it must be done at the proper time.

I am delighted the deputy is alive and physically unharmed. I pray she will negotiate the mental and emotional turmoil involved. It is not a pleasant task.

Rifling82 likes this.
  13. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Good job on the officer!

Edit:

Watched the video again, pretty scary situaiton. I know I would be scared if someone weilding knives came running at me with no intention of stopping.
    But as manta said, she got the job done.

My guess the reason she waited till he got close was because she wanted to at least try and stop him verbally by saying "drop the weapon" not fire her weapon immediately. She wanted to at least descalate the situation by telling him to "drop the weapon" and if he continues to refuse and gets closer and closer then leathel force would be the last resort. That's just my guess.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  14. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Its easy to say if you were not in that situation she should have done this or that, she got the job done.

JustMyThoughts likes this.