Man shot - only notices after years

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by zhuk, Aug 25, 2010.

1. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Man shot ... but only notices years after

[​IMG]

August 25, 2010 - 1:37PM

A Polish man living in Germany went about his business for about five years without realising he had been shot in the head because he was drunk when it happened.

Police in the western city of Bochum said on Tuesday that doctors found a .22 calibre bullet in the back of his head after the man went to have what he thought was a cyst removed.

Presented with the 5.6mm projectile, the 35-year-old recalled he had received a blow to the head about midnight at a New Year's Eve party "in 2004 or 2005", but had forgotten about it because he had been "very drunk", a police spokesman said.

"He told us he remembered having a sore head, but that he wasn't really one for going to the doctor," the spokesman said.

The wound later healed around the bullet and it was not until the man decided to have the lump examined due to recurring pains that the discovery was made.

Police said they were not treating the incident as suspicious as the bullet might have got lodged in the man's head when a reveller fired a gun in celebration.

"It may have been a shot fired up in the air which entered his head on the way down," the spokesman said.

The resident of Herne, who has lived in Germany for several years, was expected to be released from hospital after the bullet was removed on Friday, police said.

Man shot ... but only notices years after

Just think - if he had been Russian he might not ever have noticed lol

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Yet people insist on using 22lr for self defense.

3. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Bulletproof Vest Test Goes Wrong Video

This is so wrong. From what I understand is the guy died six hours later because he thought that the bullet was lodged in the vest and not in his lung.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  4. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

What a bunch of twits.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqObJtGrKaA]YouTube - Upper Class Twit of the Year[/ame]

Darwin awards come immediately to mind.

5. Redarrow18

Redarrow18 New Member

6. subie-jeep

subie-jeep New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUXUCzKdkhM&feature=related]YouTube - The Man Behind the Bulletproof Vest Test[/ame]

7. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

8. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Yes he is but I'm glad he didn't die. I thought I was seeing another stupid dead man. Thanks for clearing that up Subie.

9. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Isn't it JD who usually would have stuck a certain picture up by now?