Man shoots dog attacking a woman

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by JWagner, Feb 22, 2014.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

Good shooting.

2. G30USMC

G30USMC New Member Supporter

Very nice shooting, good work

3. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

It has been said, "No good deed goes unpunished." Looks like we might have caught a break on this one. ;)

4. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I hope this is the end of the story, time will tell.

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I think it's odd he just shoots the dog and walks away. No one knows who he is. Interesting.

6. G30USMC

Perform the job and walk away ...... :D

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

Most likely he was wanted for something or a felon in possesion or had no ccw... shoot the vile pitbull, save the victim from being consumed by a vile beast and leave before the da can prosecute.

8. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

If you discharge your weapon, you are legally obligated to stick around and explain why. In fact, what you "say" after a shooting, even a good shoot, can determine your liability.

The laws are different for each state but if I were to discharge my weapon in public and left the scene, I would be prosecuted and more than likely lose my CC permit.

9. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Of course, some of the Idiots that posted comments (on the TV website carrying the article) don't understand the first thing about Bully Breeds. I can't STAND it when people have a predisposed perception about a Dog Breed. MzGrn's Sister is a Dog Trainer and groomer in Fla. She has Owned Pits and Pit/Boxer Mixes for 20 Years...without 1 incident.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

The pitbull is the only breed I know of that will launch itself off a second story balcony to attack a person...

11. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

It's Ohio he doesn't need a ccw to carry in the open. The owner of the dog is responsible let him stick around answer the questions.

12. G30USMC

Only that way if they are raised that way.....

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

The pitbull that did that in milwaukee was in a decent home and trained.

14. Vincine

Vincine New Member

We used to call that a 'Community Service' shooting.

I remember when thieves broke into the safe at St. Mary's Gate of Heaven, in Ozone Park. Two days later the money was returned to the parish. John Gotti had nothing to do with its return, absolutely not! That's just a rumor.

Last month a statue of the Virgin Mary in the church's yard was decapitated. Its been a whole month and the police still don't know who did it. Of course, John Gotti's dead now, the Bergin Hunt and Fish Club is gone, and the Gambino family is not what it once was. I'm afraid 'Community Service' isn't what it once was in Ozone Park either.

Maybe it's gone to Cincinnati.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  15. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Hmm, ours (part pit) has never done anything like that. In fact, she is overly nice. Has never showed an ounce of aggression towards anyone. Not even strangers.

16. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

If I were to see a pit on my property, it would be shot on sight. Of course, that goes for any other dog that I don't recognize as belonging to a neighbor. One gets that attitude when arriving home to dead poultry littering the yard, and two unknown dogs under the front porch. One was a bird dog. Was.

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

a majority of a dog's personality comes from the people and the environment it's raised in. i have owned pit bulls, boxers, dobermans and rottwielers and have never had one that was aggresive or mean. i have had many dogs that were protective, but never mean. i have had many that were very territorial in my yard and would be very willing to show you they were.

dogs like people though can have personality quirks. regardless of the people or environment they are raise in. there are bad dogs, just like ther are bad people. but in most cases, if the dog has a bad personality, i lay that at the owners feet. bad dog owners, equal bad dogs in lost of cases. i have rescued a few from bad owners and turned them around. some of them can be reformed and become good dogs.

18. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I worked today. I was on the right of way in front of a home. Two young boys were playing in the yard when two pit bulls (one big, one little) ran into the yard toward the children. :mad: I ran, RAN toward those kids to protect them!

When I got to the top of the hill, the dogs were wagging their freaking tails soliciting strokes. The kids had no idea what I was so nervous about.

19. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

The boys' father told me those are expensive dogs.
    "Nonsense" I said. "I see them all the time in trailer parks." :p