Man Robs store with a stapler

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cbw, Jan 9, 2009.

1. cbw

cbw New Member

Wow it's getting bad out there, soon you'll need Id to by staples. :D

DAVENPORT -- A 47-year-old man is in custody after allegedly attacking a gas station attendant with a stapler during a robbery Wednesday night.

Richard Walker Brown, street address unavailable, Davenport, has been charged with first-degree robbery and assault while participating in a felony, according to Davenport Police Department reports. The charges stem from a robbery, which happened at about 7:10 p.m. Wednesday at 3907 Brady St.

Mr. Brown is accused going into the QC Mart gas station at that address and fighting the cashier, police said. Mr. Brown allegedly punched the employee several times and also hit him with a stapler.

The victim suffered cuts to his head and lip, police said.

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Hit him with the stapler? Just a blunt object or a piercing weapon?

3. BPond

BPond New Member

Good God! Clearly, we need to enact commonsense stapler legislation to protect all the lil' lemmings, while "honoring" the traditional sport stapler!

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Oh sh!t, now we need to add staplers to our ban list!

[​IMG]

Do they have HI-CAP staplers? I'll check into that!!!

[​IMG]

Wait, twitter counsel for talking points! Someone start a poll on this dangerous situation!

[​IMG]

I feel beter already, cane

[​IMG]

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I saw The Rock do that in Get Smart. Stapled an intel report right to the chest of some guy. I am going piercing weapon - definite felony offense I think.....:rolleyes:

JD

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

When staplers are outlawed, only outlaws will have staplers. Join the NSA today!

7. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I think they should put a 10 staple limit on all future staplers. Then they should ban the Streamline brand of staples because they should only be used by IRS officials due to the high cyclic rate.

No standard office worker is going to need a higher capacity then 10 staples at a time to perform their jobs.

The big "construction" style staplers can only be purchased with a class 3 Staple License.

The older staplers produced at least 30 years ago can be purchased with just a class 4 Curio Stapler license.

:D :D :D

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

LMAO - This thread has gone completely off the rails....:D

JD

9. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

what kind of american is going to let someone rob them with a stapler. americans make make me sad sometimes. well atleast the guy fought back from what it says, make it a little better

10. Musket

Musket New Member

My husband won't let me get a stapler now...he said I'll shoot my eye out :p:D

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

The story didn't say the guy was trying to rob the store WITH the stapler - It said he went into the store, punched the clerk AND hit him with a stapler, most likely found near the cash register.

JD

12. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

ahh, i miss read that.

13. Laufer

Laufer New Member

Oh---thank God no evil Russian types were used....there could have long stacks of staples.

What if it had been a semi-auto Assault Combat Stapler with detachable refills?!

14. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

All import staplers will be banned... fortunately I already have my AR-Slimline but I need to go buy a case or two of staples TODAY!

15. Chester

Chester New Member

Staples don't kill people, Husbands who get home early kill people.

16. Chester

Chester New Member

Now i gotta go to Home Depot and buy the biggest fully automatic nail gun available.

17. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, I can just see it now- the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Explosives, and Staplers. Kinda gives me a warm fuzzy, ya know?;)

18. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Link to the full story here.

That must have been one hell of a stapler :eek:

19. cbw

cbw New Member

This ties back to our improvised weapons thread, and I don't think any of us put down Stapler. See we need to learn from these types of people. Glad this string started some fun, we need it....