Man robs petrol station to avoid ex

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by zhuk, Oct 5, 2010.

1. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Man robs servo to avoid girl

NICK CLARK | October 06, 2010 09.52am

A 33-YEAR-OLD man who robbed a service station so that he would be returned to jail and not have to see his former girlfriend has been sentenced to two years prison.

Craig Douglas Allen pleaded guilty to a count of armed robbery committed at a Bridgewater service station in June, 2010.

Justice David Porter said that Allen had been armed with a butcher's knife when he demanded that a 22 -year -old male attendant hand over money.

He obtained $450 in notes and ran off but was caught soon after walking along the road.

"You admitted being involved in the robbery and said that you wanted to do it so that you could go back to jail," he said. "When interviewed you confirmed that it was your intention to get yourself into trouble and to go to jail as you had broken up with your girlfriend and that this would prevent you from seeing or contacting her."

Justice Porter said the man had an extensive record including a previous robbery of a service station with a sawn-off shotgun in 2006.

"This is a rather unusual case. It is clear from the facts that you quickly returned to the scene in order to be apprehended," he said. "Regrettably you saw committing the crime as a way of avoiding the immediate issue following the relationship breakdown."

He ordered that Allen not be eligible for parole until he had served 15 months in prison.

Man robs servo to avoid girl Scales of Justice - The Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania

What an effing idiot. Then again, this is Tasmania :rolleyes:

2. Bearman405

Bearman405 New Member

TASMANIA......................I thought that they all had two heads down there....................:D

3. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Nah, just hairy palms and 6 toes on each foot... :D

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I'd try to rob Fort Knox to avoid my ex....

5. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

That would be me robbing something anything to avoid Shihan LOL!!!! O.k just kidding it sounded good though:D:p

6. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]

I had to do it lol [​IMG]

7. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Changing you number wasn't enough? Moron.

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Did he get the taser back?

9. ChadCollins

ChadCollins New Member

This guy should have framed his ex instead of screwing himself. Amateur. :D