Man killed at Albuquerque shooting range

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

This is the range I usually go to; but, lately been doing other stuff around the house. :eek:

This happened yesterday, normally I go in the morning and back in a few hours.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3388379.shtml?cat=500#.U0A_aWePKcw

Albuquerque police are investigating a shooting at the city shooting range.

The shooting range is located off Atrisco Vista near Double Eagle Airport.

Police said a person was shot in the torso while at the parking lot of the range.

The person checked in at the range, then went back to his car. The man was found shot at his car.

It is unknown if this is an intentional or accidental shooting. No one is in custody at this time.

2. Bigcountry02

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Very little details. It could also be a suicide, I suppose.

4. Bigcountry02

Suicide or accident or by someone else.

When I am there my Situational Awareness is always on high!

I was planning on going to the range Sunday morning; but, do not know if the range will be open, due to investigation.

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

By shooting oneself in the torso?

Never heard of that except on a CSI episode where a hunter was trying to help his wife cash in on his life insurance policy.

No... I'm thinking a stray round or ricochet from the range. Sad

Tack

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have to agree. a shot in the torso isn't indicative of a suicide. possible, but not likely. i would have to say as well, intentional or accident by another person.

7. Bigcountry02

I would like to know what the medical comes out of this. Looking at the picture of where the car was parked. The car is facing the shooting range. The container is where they hold the shooting targets.

It could have been error when reloading his carry pistols. It is anybody guest, the last incident was when someone was shooting from the hip, cowboy action and shot himself in the leg. They had to have lifeflight come in, he lived.

[​IMG]

8. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Shot himself in the leg cowboy action style? Never heard of anyone shooting cowboy action with a glock. :D

9. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Too bad.

However, if somebody in the "news" biz bothered dig out the data on the number of people killed at gun ranges in the last 10 years as compared to, say, trampolines, swimming pools, downhill skiing and playing on a teeter-totter, I think we'd all see the real story here is how safe shooting ranges are as compared to other hobbies and sports.

10. Bigcountry02

Officials say an accidental discharge may have led to a death at the city of Albuquerque’s shooting range.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3389130.shtml?cat=500#.U0DVIWePKcw

Officials say an accidental discharge may have led to a death at the city of Albuquerque’s shooting range.

Friday afternoon, a man’s body was discovered next to his car on the civilian side of the range.

He had a gunshot wound to the chest.

Before getting shot, the man had checked-in at the shooting range office, and then went back to his car.

Police say they have not found anyone who witnessed the man being shot.

11. Bigcountry02

Update

This morning the vehicles were lined up at the gate to the city range, hates are normally opened at 0830, not today and at 0900 no range officials and nothing on the city web page, the range web page, the city range answer machine, nothing posted on the gate itself and finally local news is saying nothing else.

Just have to see if the city range is opened on Wednesday, since Monday Tuesday are closed.

Indication is they're treating the site as a crime scene for now, until the Office of Medical Investigator comes back with the results.

Do not want to contaminate the crime scene area.