Man kicks in door, homeowner defends himself

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by steadyshot, Mar 10, 2013.

1. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

South Carolina man kicked in door, shot by homeowner, sheriff says

Published March 10, 2013

Associated Press

LANDRUM, S.C. – A South Carolina man is recovering after sheriff's deputies say he kicked in a Landrum home's door, assaulted his wife, and then was shot when he tried to get his hands on the home's owner.

The Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office says Dakota Hester is in critical condition Saturday after being shot multiple times after a Friday night rampage.

Deputies say Hester was shot by Jonathan Wofford after he called 911 to report someone was trying to break into his home, retreated to his bedroom, locked the door, and saw Hester kick in that door too.

Deputies say before trying to attack Wofford, the raging Hester grabbed his wife Amy Hester around the neck and pushed her against a wall. Amy Hester was inside the home when Dakota Hester burst in.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/1...t-by-homeowner/?test=latestnews#ixzz2N9XaoK8M

2. cotex

cotex New Member

Mine doesn't come off till my head hits the pillow and back on when pant are grabbed off the floor....
    Tex

3. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Terribly written article (a NASCAR fan?) but I love that the homeowner locked the attacker's smacked wife out of the bedroom to which he retreated! LOL

Damn shame the home invader is in such bad shape. He was shot multiple times too. Thank goodness it sounds like the home owner didn't have a high-capacity magazine...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Trying to figure this out...
    Was the attacker's wife at the house with the homeowner? Or did he bring his wife to another man's horse to beat her? Or am I reading this entirely wrong?

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Mrs. Hester was in Mr. Wolford's home when Mr. Hester showed up, kicked in the door, smacked Mrs. Hester, and tried to kick in the bedroom door going after Mr. Wolford- and was shot by Mr. Wolford.

WHY she was in a neighbor's home- I have no idea. Nor do you.

We do not know the ages of the folks involved, what may have happened prior to, etc. But whatever your motivation, kicking in someone else's door= bad idea.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

That's what passes for journalism today? That person needs to go back to English 101. The editor needs to be fired.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

sure we do...

[​IMG]

8. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

If Wofford was bangin' Hester's wife, Hester should have just taken advantage of his cue to free himself of the dingbat in divorce court. Then Wofford could have her. There's an old saying, "Any man who steals another man's wife gets what he deserves". He gets an unfaithful ho.

9. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

It's possible he was smacking her around first so she fled to the neighbor.

10. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

True. Wouldn't it be nice if the "journalists" would try to gather a few facts before cranking out what is supposed to be a sensational "story".

11. hairbear1

hairbear1 Active Member

Looks like you blokes have the same type of "journalists" that we do here in Australia,what I call "cut and paste journalism".
    They're of such poor quality that the only way they can do a story is to cut and paste it off another site without any real journalistic attempts to check and verify facts.
    The media never lets the truth get in the way of a good story,regards

12. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Sugar. Someone is always there to borrow a cup of sugar. At this point if I hear that on the other side of the door, well...