Man I love guns !

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by SmithKid308, May 29, 2012.

1. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

I love guns and thank my father for teaching me ever thing that I know about guns and how to shoot. So I was wondering how did you guys got into loving guns ?

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

At the ripe old age of.....oh,never mind.......someone convinced me that guns were not the killers I thought they were and took me to a shooting range in March of 2010. I've been hooked ever since.........2 years now. :eek:

3. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Daddy did. When he wasn't working, he was shooting or reloading. Remember being a little kid loading shells into boxes. Watching him shoot competitions.

4. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

My father was a Vietnam Vet and Marine Corps DI so i pretty much started shooting as soon as i could walk lol. I was the only kid in my kindergarten class that could field strip and assemble an AK blind folded :D

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

From video games. It all started from Counter Strike. Lol.

6. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

Haha I played that with my son today

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

My Dad have me a bb gun when I was a kid. I never looked back. Usually because there was a pissed off neighbor chasing me...

8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I never had a father, i wouldnt know what he looked like if i was to see him,my grandmother raised me all of my life. I had a neighbor down the road take me under his wing, i loved that man. He taught me how to shoot and hunt when i was 10. The first gun i ever shot was a marlin .22, the first shotgun that i shot was a double barrel 12 guage, " and i pulled both triggers at the same time" o_O

"my" first gun was a daisy 10 pump bb gun and roamed the countryside with that gun. Then whenever i reached 12 my grandmother bought me a ruger 10/22, and i still have that rifle.

9. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Had one too til my brother and I played war. I'm a better shot. Lol

10. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Well, I did some hunting as a kid with my step-dad. That had something to do with it. My father in law is big into guns...that probably had another little something to do with it.

But I think the biggest thing that has me interested in guns...

I am a big fan of history. And history repeats itself. And when....not if some parts of history do repeat...well I'd rather be armed than unarmed.

11. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

My dad is a cop and his Glock 23 was the first real gun I ever shot but he never got me into shooting or hunting. I owe that to my best friends family who just recently took me deer hunting in November where I got my first deer. But my great grandpa gave me an old double barrel .410 that was officially my first gun when I was 13 as a birthday present. Killed lots of squirrels with that lil gun and still have it to this day

12. akers06

akers06 New Member

My dad started me out shooting a bb gun when I was four then bought me a single shot .410 for my fifth birthday and took me on my first squirrel hunt that was 18 years ago .....now my son is 5 he already has a bb gun and I'm taking him squirrel hunting this fall......passing it on

13. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Some guy shooting a snub .38 and 9mm behind a landfill people went to shoot in johnston , RI and I surprised him when I said "Hey " and he almost shot me spun around real quick and drew down lol I was like " whoa whoa " .

He said " jesus kid , don't sneak up on people shooting guns " and then asked me if I wanted to shoot a couple rounds and I said " Sure"

.38 spcl smith was the first gun I ever shot that day I was 10yo and the second was the 9mm same day and I had an empty 50 rd plastic ammo tray hopping from the first rd of the 9mm till the mag ran dry . At one point I had it 1 1/2 feet off the ground :D

It was over , I was hooked. My dad HATES guns even though he was a military man :(

14. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

My father was a hunter/shooter...I've been doing the same since I was a kid. I'll never forget the joy in his face when I shot my first deer.

15. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

When I was about 7 I saw 'Saving Private Ryan.'

I fell in love with the history and those brave soldiers. I was also fascinated with the multitudes of weapons they used and their uses. From there I began researching WWII history (weapons, gear, battles, etc..)

From there I branched to other wars. WWI, Korea. Vietnam...then at 12 I got my own gun and began to shoot clays/hunt.

Guys love machines...some have their cars...I have guns...how they are put together and function fascinates me and I respect them on a whole new level for what they are capable of if used in the wrong/right hands...

During the Revolutionary War, the same guns that fed families, drove out an oppressive government. Just fascinating.

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

Browning boy, you make me feel f***ing old. And I'm not.

17. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Dont lie trip, your kinda old :)

18. Eddy_J

Eddy_J New Member

Well I always thought guns were cool because of game but were scared of them when my uncle would have them around. I was raised by women who scared me off of guns except in games. Then I joined the US ARMY and loved guns more than I can say. And then a crazy Texas born and raised buddy in the Army started getting me into rifles other than the M-4 or AR platforms.

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm still under 30 bro! Its hard living that's the reason most people think I'm in my mid forties!

20. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

My buddy and I bought CVA Kentucky Percussion single shot pistol kits when we were 15 or so. Lovingly built mine and convinced my mom to get me some caps and black powder. We shot those things hundreds of rounds. Got a .22 rifle, then an 870. Hunted ducks and geese through high school. Got to college and joined the ROTC pistol team. Went to the US intercollegiate championships in '80 at the Air Force Academy. The rest is history.

I still have that CVA kit gun